Auditing Followers. What does it achieve?

I’m currently in the process of auditing my followers. I originally had 77k and I’ve blocked 10,000 followers so far that are following more than 2000 accounts. Apparently Instagram never shows my pictures to these people. Before I continue blocking, has anybody else done an audit and what benefits, if any, did you get from it? Many thanks

1 Like

Instagram won’t show your posts to more people just because you remove followers with higher following counts. Where did you get the idea to do this? Their new algorithm changes have been set up to show your posts to people who are going to find them the most relevant - regardless of their vanity metrics. Even the posts shown in hashtag results are personalized for each instagrammer. All you’re doing is reducing the prestige value of your account by having less followers.

3 Likes

I have a system to remove bots.
I removed 20,000
The range was diminished, but I read that it should rise to a few weeks.
Or I quickly removed people, let’s see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im dealing with a lot of other dog accounts. People start these accounts, folllow loads, then scrap them. Trust me. They are not seeing my pictures. I can’t see anybody and I mean ANYBODY liking my pictures with over 2000 following. Occasionally one slips in but that’s been the case for a while. So lots are dormant accounts, spam or just not worth having as followers. Botting is not working for me anymore. Engagement is low. I had nothing to lose

2 Likes

I hope so. It’s not doing anything at the moment

1 Like

Apart from 10,000 followers :joy:

1 Like

As a benefit, your engagement rate will be higher and it will make your account look more authentic. Other than that I am not really sure about other benefits

1 Like

That’s what I’m aiming for. But has it been proven? Engagement hasn’t gone up yet. It’s only been a few days since blocking 10,000. Should I block more? Or just wait and hopefully it will get better🤔

I don’t think he means your engagement amount will go up by removing inactive followers

Your engagement RATE will go up.

If you have 1000 followers but get 100 likes, lets say 10% engagement rate

If you delete 500 followers that don’t like ever, you still get 100 likes, but engagement rate is 20% now.

1 Like

100 likes per thousand? That sounds good. Im achieving nothing near that. Average likes 1500 to 2000. I see where you’re coming from though. Makes sense

1 Like

Yeah, the more followers you have the lower your ER (engagement rate) becomes. 1500-2000 is not bad.
The Engagement Rate is a percentage of how many people engage (like, comment etc.) with your content based on your follower number.

You can use something like igblade to see your ER

A higher ER makes you more likely to gain sponsors or do shoutouts etc.

1 Like

Yeah I guess so. I see some accounts hitting massive numbers though. I was 6 months ago. Reaching 90k account. Now on a good day 15k accounts. I’ve tried everything. That’s why it’s so disheartening. I suppose I better stop blocking people then

Yes I feel you, sometimes things don’t work out too well but it will get better.
Generally speaking, try to avoid spammy behaviour. Don’t block too many people at once because your trust factor will take a hit and your profile will be ranked lower.

Also maybe it could be a good idea to try to engage with your followers more instead of blocking them.
The more contact they have to your account the more likely your post will appear in their feed, even when they follow 5k people

1 Like

Blocking accounts with lots of followers and followings is a bad idea - if they engage with your content from time to time, you posts are higher in their feeds than in accounts with 100 followings and zero engaging done with your account.
The same applies with the strategy of blocking users without profile picture and no posting in x days… That is plain stupid. Why? Look at your friends - the ones who use Instagam for fun - not growing. Most of mine have zero posts total and like 15 - 20 % of them do not even bother to have a profile picture. Some even have multiple numbers in their nicknames since they do not care.
And these are the most engaging followers I have. If you decide to block users, block the ones who have not engaged with your account in a long time (no liking, no commenting). Jarvee can get up to 1k likes from a post. If your posts get 1k or lower, there is a guide how to find ghosts. If you get more than 1k likes, you will need assistance.
Common mistake I see is that once the engagement drops, people delay for a month or two. Then they decide to check only the posts of, let’s say, last month. After getting results, they block the rest. This way they get rid of followers who were active but due to algorithm changes are not seeing your content anymore. They lose followers who are active but can’t see their posts at the top.

tldr; Find real inactive followers (not liking, not commenting). Get data from as many posts as you possibly can. Do not block all the inactive ones. Set your own criteria and try to “reactivate” the inactive ones - it is much easier to reactivate than to gain new ones.

1 Like

You’re account may receive a better ER but you’re not going to be getting more eye balls to your account from your current follower list.

1 Like