Auto created a zillion videos. now what?

So yesterday I had a crazy idea: build a tool that would take a folder with a thousand pics, and automatically make short videos using them (choosing random pics each time, so getting a zillion different videos).

I know that there are a lot of tools that do this (convert pics to video), but I didn’t want 1 or 10 or 20 videos, I wanted thousands. So I had to automate it.

So it took me a whole day to write this. Someone else would probably do it in an hour, but I’m not a programmer, so each bug took me an hour to fix.

And now that it works, I have to ask myself: ok, now what?
I have no idea what to do with all these videos LOL

I started because I know that FB likes videos more then pics, but I was so focused on building this tool, that I didn’t think what exactly I would do with so many videos.

Any clever ideas?

2 Likes

Use them for your “stories” in IG.

How does this work? Does it just fade in/out on each photo? Or is it more of a slideshow that’s a video? The way Google creates “movies” using your photos…

1 Like

It’s like a basic slideshow - if it takes 5 or 10 pics, it will just make a slideshow video out of them.

That’s enough for FB (and probably IG). The FB algorithm likes videos so much, that even if you took 1 pic, and made a video out of it (so the whole video would be just staring at 1 static pic) it would still get 2x-10x the reach vs if you posted that pic on FB.

:joy: someone might say you have too much free time on your hands starting a project like this with no clear reason, but still, nicely done.

You could :

• use the videos to grow some ig/fb accounts, keep them active for a long time, depending on what niche images you created build the accounts
  • offer the script free to other members
  • if the videos are good and you can create unlimited videos in any niche you can maybe sell them to people that don’t want to go though the hassle of finding good content for their accounts… ( maybe personalize them for everyone with an intro and an outro pic)
2 Likes

People doing IM never have free time. They always have to think about the next step :wink:

1 Like

Sell the software. :smile:

1 Like

But you did realize that they like video content more and not just pictures in a video?

1 Like

Ooh i really hate that, specially on youtube if you click a video and you think it’s an amazing video. It’s just an fcking slideshow with pictures with voiceover very VERY frustrating.

5 Likes

Live Videos are favored over pre-recorded video as well… They get more organic reach and notifies people when they start.

Yes, but people will unfollow quickly when you start abusing it :smiley:
I know accounts that use live videos without content just to make people like photos and they really have bad engagement.

Also I dont think that people want to see random slight shows. They will find random (even personalized) photos on their feed and discover page with the ability to scroll over it when they dont like a photo. So why should they stay for your video and wait to skip?

So my guess is that you should think about a concept that favors your method. If you can manage to turn it into something creative, it could quickly become your special. I really dont know how you can do this but it is worth a thought.