Black Photos on Instagram Feed

All my instagram feed is filled with photos of people uploading completely blank / black photos. I stand with it too so will upload black photos on all accounts today. Interesting to see how the instagram filters will behave these days. Keeping an eye on the explore page as well.

4 Likes

Instagram is filling up with black squares in the latest movement to protest against racial inequality and police brutality. The simple posts are intended as a way of expressing solidarity with the Black Lives Matter protests that have swept the US after the death of George Floyd.

3 Likes

Yup! :clap: (13 characters)

Yes! Content-wise everyone should be mindful not to come off tone-deaf during this time

5 Likes

Yeah, I totally agree

I wonder if it would ever be appropriate to post something light hearted. Obviously not on blackout Tuesday. Would it be inappropriate to post regular content Wednesday? @cromatic

1 Like

i get you @Powerlifter , i initially decided to not post anything today as a respect but then got some requests/feedback from the followers and decided to post a black image on all accounts + it’s always good to use the phone’s camera every now and then o the accounts. I have a few slaves on jarvee however, i just posted EB on those.

2 Likes

Are you back to posting regular posts tomorrow?

1 Like

yes sir! (13 characters)

1 Like

I also posted a black image an my accounts in order to give my support as well. Definitely you have to be mindful and give support when possible, since being quiet sometimes is inappropriate. Social media is strong power and it should be used for good causes as well. I will continue with regular content as of today.

3 Likes

Happy to see that everybody is conscious and supportive. Good on you!

1 Like

We did it in all our accounts and we requested to our clients to do it and so far 100% of them did it, 100% from europe, now we are chasing accounts from US to ask them to do the same.

Maybe mpsocial can add this to the top bar like many TV channels in our region are doing.

3 Likes

Amazing job! so happy to see this

2 Likes

that’s great guys, happy to this as well :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Saw a couple of posts that used the same hashtag for shameless self promotion (content that has nothing to do with it). If you see something like this, take a minute to report!

2 Likes

That’s terrible… what’s wrong with people. I agree, definitely report

1 Like

I did it immediately!! Unbelievable what people do

yeah agreed, thanks for that, we will keep our eyes open :+1: :+1:, that shouldn’t happen.

So I did a quick poll of my followers and it looks like the blackout Tuesday is going to be a weekly thing in the foreseeable future. I probably won’t post normal content on Tuesdays, but I’m curious what others are doing

1 Like

N’ah, it’s going to ruin the grid. I think 1 post is enough to make it clear that the account stands for the cause. I think 1 post that is left there in the history of the account as a mark is just enough to make the point of where the account stands on the matter. An since i post only once a day it’s going to be there and visible on the grid for a while.

1 Like