Buying IG Ads Can Ruin Your Account (My Story)

Where do you find good shout out profiles? Or even powerlike services?

I believe that’s true, I have had a similar experience where I just wanted to do test runs with paid ads to see how my posts are performing. Weirdly enough my posts after the paid ad had MUCH less engagement… That’s depressing

I highly doubt that running ads was the only reason your engagement went down. I regularly run ads on my 715k account and still maintained an ER of 5-7% so it’s just your assumption.

There might be some correlation but you’d need to perform a big amount of tests to prove it.

4 Likes

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with the rest of us.

How did you solve this issue to get your organic reach back again? Will this happen automatically when stopping with IG ads. After some time? Or is there more into it?

What really grinds my gears is that they are starting to offer business accounts a “free 20 bucks” to use towards ads. People use it, then they will see a massive drop in engagement if they stop using it, so they will continue to pour their money into that. Its like a trap.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s how you get sucked in. Pretty clever from IGs perspective but sucks for the user

Hi good point. My question is, do you run ads directly to your existing posts, or do you just run ads to products/services e.g. seperate posts.

It was my experience that the engagement drop comes from running ads to your existing posts as a boost, not when you create original ads through ads manager.

Only ads should be done by the sponsored posts under Facebook ad manager. Those 100% don’t change your engagement on Instagram

Try to run contests, they work great for the to earn followers

2 Likes

Great tip, totally underrated also

1 Like

Which kinda proves how stupid they are. You would expect Instagram to reward you for using the ads, yet you get penalized. You can’t make it up, really.

1 Like

Great story, so can you please make a tutorial about how do you targeting followers of your instagram by facebook ads?
Also if you have any CTA to add in post… :smile:

there are multiple tutorials online
aaron ward made one as well

This is totally true. I made the mistake of buying ads on my IG account and found the likes I was getting weren’t quality just quantity. Also those people never engaged with any post. When I looked at their pages, they only had one or two post on them. So I didn’t continue to promote within IG. Their response was to sabotaged my account. Before I paid for ads I averaged 100 likes and a fair amount of post engagements. Now I get 6-18 likes and hardly any post engagements.

I switch my account from business back to personal and this seem to have made it more stagnant. It’s a shame that the IG platform is now being ruined by the same greed and FB practices.

Facebook does this exact same thing and since acquiring IG, the platform has taken a nose dive. If they only allow things to happen organically, people with pay for ads when they need to. If they keep supressing content, people will leave their platforms for newer social media platforms.

Never pay for ads. It will destroy your account!!!

www.instagram.com/handsomeclark
www.twitter.com/handsomeclark

1 Like

Have you been targeting worldwide or tier 1 countries only?

Hey can someone please answer me! This happened to me! I don’t know what to do!! Instagram is the only thing I have… I’m so sad. Does anyone know what to do to fix this???
Please I implore :pray::pray:

1 Like

LUFFY please help me! I’m freaking out Rn! I did the same, now my account doesn’t grow anymore. Did you solve this problem? Do you know what to do?? I need help I’m at super sad, Instagram is the only thing I have and I work so hard on it. PLEASE answer me. Thank you so much

1 Like

If you wanna keep running ads, it helps to run them on a sepearte post created through FB ads manager, not a post on your page. That way you can grow, and your engagement doesnt drop from 200k on one post to 1k on the next if that makes sense.

Go back on becoming a pirate king dude. Chapter 1000 is around the corner

1 Like

Dude chapter 1000 and 1001 was fire. Today’s chapter was amazing too. I’m hyped when you guys see me battle shanks and become the pirate king

1 Like