Changing Username Temporarily whilst using Follow/Unfollow

Hi ALL,

So I recently was searching for a favorite local artist of mine who I know does the Follow/Unfollow method and I could not find her (via her usual username). I eventually did and she had changed her username to a random name (underscore and numbers).

However I noticed later on the week it was back to her real name. I was wondering, could this be a smart way of preventing your followers from knowing (say you are a brand/actor) that you use the follow/unfollow method?

Also, I know sometimes IG notifies your followers when your name is changed. Is there a way to remove this notification (otherwise the whole purpose would be defeated wouldn’t it…LOL).

Has anyone done this before? Or does anyone have ways to prevent the obvious fluctuations (apart from the 1:1 method after following a couple of people).

I apologize if this has been discussed before. I did do a search but could not find any material pertaining to changing your username WHILST doing the follow/unfollow.

Thank you!!

Sounds like a nice trick :slight_smile: but I guess follow back rate is lower if your username is unrelated to the niche.[quote=“Ilobi, post:1, topic:18165”]
I know sometimes IG notifies your followers when your name is changed.
[/quote]

I never seen this. Anyone else?[quote=“Ilobi, post:1, topic:18165”]
Has anyone done this before? Or does anyone have ways to prevent the obvious fluctuations (apart from the 1:1 method after following a couple of people).
[/quote]

I don’t see other solution than following couple of 100s then unfollowing them so there are no really big fluctuations. Anyway, I don’t think it’s that much important. It’s not like real, ordinary IG users will actually go and check out your stats, and I guess, real, ordinary users are those that you want to reach.

1 Like

I agree. I thought so too. Thanks for the reply @Adnan

I’ve never seen a notification when someone changes their name. Either you can find the account or you can’t. You either see this or the account.

People get butthurt over unfollowing sometimes, that’s why you should be careful with that method.

1 Like

They sure do. Thanks @Neo

2 Likes