Client ad account banned - does anyone know why?

Hi all - I’m looking for help.

I run a client FB ad account for a great business. They work in road safety - it’s legit, highly commended, and I would hope not the problem.

Unfortunately, their FB ad account just got disabled - I’m trying to work out why and if we can get it back?

The violation was apparently:

1. Circumventing systems:
    Ads must not use tactics that are intended to circumvent our ad review process or other enforcement systems. This includes techniques that attempt to disguise the ad’s content or destination page.
    Examples
    -Use unicode characters or symbols in ad text with the intent to obfuscate words or phrases
    -Restrict Facebook’s access to an ad’s destination page
    -Attempt to create new advertising accounts after we have penalised existing accounts for violations of our policies

On their first run of ads, everything goes smoothly, is approved, and running fine.

I’m split testing, so go to change one low performing ad after the weekend. I change one audience parameter and the ad goes back into review.

I decided it was a crap ad, so I’ll stop it. Then the ad gets rejected and the account disabled.

It’s the same ad. One audience change. Everything disabled.

What caused this?

Was it the act of stopping it while it was in review?

I’ll go through the normal appeal process, but it would be great to know why this happened.

Many thanks.

Well facebook does this to many facebook ad account
it basically tracks each and every action in the ad level
When you are flagged for an adset
Don’t keep on playing with it, Facebook things you are trying to do a Suspecious Activity
So they will put a Ban on The adset

1 Like

Thanks for the tips.

I’ve also checked everything else out, and I think the only potential problem would be the dynamic link they wanted me to use to go to the app store.

If we get the account back I’ll insist they use the Facebook SDK for app ads.