[CLIENTS] Starting an agency

thats a great point. really interested to learn more.

In my opinion, word of mouth is the best form because this type of service is hard to build trust with through cold outreach. If you have some initial contacts you can do work for, start it at a reduced rate or free, then ask them for introductions to friends they think would be interested in the service in exchange for a free month of service. That’s literally all I’ve done and now I grow at 15-30 new clients a month automatically. I also live in a big city though.

With regard to clients, personal accounts work a ton better than business accounts. Content is king so shitty content will yield shitty results, maybe your clients will grow, but theyll get no engagement and itll look like the have an account with fake followers eventually.

1 Like

Alright I’ll give some of my experiences scaling an agency over the last year. Started November 2017 with my first client. Currently managing 150+ clients at $20,000/mo (trust me this is not alot of money even if it sounds like it).

I have a co-founder with me. It started that he was sales and customer service while I was the one doing the actual growth.

The first clients we ever got were from cold calling people we found through LinkedIn as business owners. We sold them growth and engagement for $100/mo (I have increased my prices ALOT since then).

It is also worth noting that 90%+ of my clients were closed over the phone. Many of them have come from word of mouth. Word of mouth has legit been way bigger for getting clients than I ever expected…this requires you to have very happy clients though.

The first month we reached out to people like crazy. Here are my experiences with different platforms.

DMs: This has never worked well for me ALONE. When I reach out on my personal account, do some Gary Vee $1.80 type strategies on the leads pics, and send them an email as well I have found that this works well.

LinkedIn: This is great for prospecting leads. You need to be good at phone calls for this though because that is likely where the sale will happen. You may be selling someone who never thought about IG but sees the importance of it after you sell them. These clients are fun to work with because they have NO EGO and they will let you implement strategies however you deem fit. Downside is you need to be good at phone sales.

FB Groups: Great place to prospect. I would go in to FB groups and drop IG tips. If someone is interested in your tips, shoot them a DM and chat about services.

Email Scraping: Not a ton of success. Similar success rate to DM’s alone, however when you can incorporate multiple touch points the chance of sale goes way up.

Lemme know what questions you have.

9 Likes

Thank you for your comments,

The growth if I guarantee it to the clients between 400 and 900 followers per month, but how can I improve the commitment in the publications?

i think i am on a good way :smiley: used it to show them what they can do more with hashtags to get clients some clients

The best and highest paying client I found was an entrepreneur I met by complete chance in the gym. After all, the size of your network is the size of your bank account so if you have any possibilities to network with the people in groups like gyms or at other activites, without saying what you obviously do like instagram automation, but instead tell them you grow social media accounts and run an agency, you might get good contacts. Also if you get a client this way, there is high likelihood they will refer you to other guys they know.

Next possibility is to grind away Garyvee style and MANUALLY DM lots of targeted accounts, telling them you like their content and you can help them grow their account with your services. Do that enough on scale and I’ll guarantue you will find clients.