Deleting old TikTok videos

Many content creators say that deleting your TikTok videos affects your account. I’ve deleted many in the past, but not much has changed, and I’m still able to grow fast. What is your experience with that? Is it a myth or?

1 Like

Asked directly to TikTok marketing. They replied that deleting a bunch of videos doesn’t affect your account.
Idk maybe if you upload-delete-upload-delete hundreds of videos in a couple hours it might start to affect your account performance. But for normal use, nothing is going to change if you delete one video once in a while.

2 Likes

It’s very interesting. I just deleted a video that I thought was problematic, since it never got on the fyp, and all of a sudden some older videos got pushed.

as sym123 said, maybe deleting old videos (1-3 months) won’t affect your account but when you start deleting the 1-2 hours ones you might have issues afterwards

Yep agree with this.

1 Like

I deleted 3 videos in a row yesterday (they all had 0 views) and immediately uploaded a new video that received a couple hundreds views. So no issue with deleting a bunch of videos.

2 Likes

Glad to see that somebody tested this. I still think in practice it’s better to leave up videos and give them a chance to pop later down the line. Just my two cents.

1 Like