Deleting TikTok videos will screw your account

Is this true? I’ve heard these from a couple of YouTube videos that deleting videos off your page will hurt your organic reach. Is this BS or should we play it safe and not delete videos?

not true not true

it happened to me, i suggest to put them private instead

Also, posting private and then turning them public brought 0 views to me.

make them private, no more worry. if you delete vids, it removes the likes from your like counter on your profile.

1 Like

Agreed. Private is the way to go imo

deleting won’t bring any malus to your account but it will erase any data for the algorythm and likes counter. the difference between private them or deleting them it’s just if u mind to keep the data audience for helping the algorythm to classify your account in your niche.

please stop sharing bullshits read on fb or random blogs, we’re MP social jesus christ

Text me bro, I’ll give you the breakdown!

which breakdown ?

1 Like

um, i actually privated video. i didn’t delete nothing, before i privated them everything i post was going to the fyp but now it is flopping so bad.

tiktok: oreleooo

Late to this but its 100% false. I have deleted around 10-15 videos and had multiple taken down but i still pull in a lot of views.

1 Like

you did not notice any kind of decrease in views right after videos are taken down or after you removed them? i’m not talking long term just right after.

1 Like

Yessss, idk why, before I had like almos 1K views in 1h and after Tiktok deleted my video, I have rarely 50 views in HOURS and idk why, maybe it’s like a punishment, but when does it ends?!?!?!?!?!

did you delete the video to did Tiktok remove it? because there is a difference there, maybe you posted something against their policy.

Is there a way to bring it back if you deleted them and you don’t have the video saved or liked.

you will have to repost the video from your storage if you still have that but in TT algo it will be considered as a new post, not a deleted post that got back.

Same for me, I’m new to tiktok so I don’t know about these things. I posted a step by step art video, decided to delete it right away because I forgot to put an effect and reuploaded it. On the first video within a few minutes it had already a lot of viewers but then the 2nd video i reuploaded, even after a many hours there were only few viewers. So, I made the whole art all over again and create a new video

i used to do different type of conent on tik tok and now i do way different content does that affect my views

yeah, of course it will, but if you keep growing your account daily you should get back on track quickly, new followers new viewers will come just for the new content, and that way you replace the followers/viewers lost from that change, but you need to keep growing your account.

I have three TikTok accounts and the only reason I see that deleting videos has messed up my account is because those videos I deleted used to bring in new followers and outgrow the losses I would get daily. Since deleting videos, those extra videos didn’t exist to counteract the losses. I started posting new content- 3 videos a day for two weeks straight and my account started growing again.