Does a shadowban impact all views from videos from the past, or just new videos?

Basically the title. If your account gets shadowbanned do videos that were previously on the FYP get pulled down or does it only affect new videos?

1 Like

Only new videos, from my experience. Had one account shadowbanned and the old videos still drive traffic to this day.

What are the signs of a shadowban? 0% for you page engagement?

1 Like

0% FYP views over many recent videos. Sudden drop in engagement. Followers decaying. etc

what is the best way to proceed?

1 Like

Depends on the reason.

yes that is a golden question

1 Like

Did you post something bad?

For me I got a content violation and they muted the video, then I deleted it. Since then, my newer posts have not done as well in terms of views. Most of the comments are from people that already followed me. I’m still getting over 50% FYP engagement on each of them, at least for the first day.

Should I be concerned that they are not showing my content to new people, only my followers? Or has my content just gotten more boring?

2 Likes

I still hold my opinion on “So many people created accounts on the platform and they messed the algorithm up”.

On some of my accounts I got the same problem as you and I haven’t posted something wrong. The problem wth 0 or max 15 views came 1 week ago.

Even large accounts suffer from big drops in engagement in the last week.

1 Like

I’ve been on here for a long time and I’m telling you that none of this is new

It sounds like it is just a content problem. Really study your videos and see which type does the best. Double down on that!

2 Likes

I post videos about fitness and sometimes men, sometimes women, and there are women who are a little less dressed and have been deleted twice by TikTok. after the videos were deleted I uploaded 2 videos with 0 views 1 with 900 views and then 3 videos again with 0 views. I wonder if I should wait a few days.

1 Like

Definitely could be shadowbanned then :frowning:

update
I uploaded a video every day and the views slowly come back. I uploaded 8 videos over several days. and one video has 13k views is weird, the other one has less maybe it’s because of the video maybe it’s uninteresting let’s see I’ll stick with it and won’t give up.

1 Like

Let this man be an example for the impatient and unprudent :frowning: :pray:

1 Like

Again an update my 2nd video with 20 k within an hour and 120 followers. a week ago i fought and was sad why i had 0 views on all my videos but i just kept going and still uploading and it goes up.
So people don’t give up keep going!
good luck to all of you.