Drop in Engagement Following IG Crashes

IG has been having issues since July (or more) and now I’ve notice a serious, serious decrease in Engagement when the smoke cleared momentarily. I’ve had similar issues in the past years and they have rebounded after a week of decimation. What do you guys think?

instagram reach is been dropping since oct 2018 and its going to keep dropping until facebook decide its enough.

1 Like

I’ve seen those times where its been bad but after the past weeks end of July to now my account really felt it the reach plummet. I also wonder if my own followers were blocked or banned or disabled!

1 Like

Got to up your game and find new ways to engage with people on IG. It’s hard.

Set your automation tool to interact with your own followers. (View stories, like posts from the last week, etc.) this will help a lot.

You need to make good content to have more chance to interest your followers, make stories, and talk with your followers (comment, dm)

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone paid attention to the results of these crashes. No activity for many for hours – all ER is killed, does the insta feed and it’s algo adjust to the time with no likes and comments? It might think the feed is still active and with everything down it might ‘trick’ the algo to demote posts on the feed. Just how I see it until 2 or 3 days after when it finally adjusts. Drives me crazy.

1 Like

my engagement rate actually been growing at a crazy rate right now probably because on my personal account I engage a lot with people who comment and like my posts