Drop in follow growth?

Hi guys,
So today i have noticed huge drop rate in follow growth, one of my clients his follow growth droped from 800 per day to 120 per day and the same thing apply on all my clients. do you have the same issue? and have you noticed that? or its just a glitch from instagram doesnt count new followers?

Cheers,
Zack

2 Likes

With me everything is OK :slight_smile: And even record :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Time frame and source or report?

2 Likes

Drop here too…

1 Like

Could be a drop of dead fake accounts, IG cleaning out their userbase again

5 Likes

Hmmm you got a point right here, maybe is the reason

3 Likes

what how are the analytics differ before and after? Was there a drop in impression? If so what category or across board?

I barely passed 1k today in growth …good follows a but losing many. Think they cleaning house a little

5 Likes

i just noticed that im getting followers but at the same losing them aswell

1 Like

My follower loss has been steady 30-45/day last 7 days according to my creator account audience insights. I think it’s always around that range except when I do mass unfollow (I think a lot of people have apps that unfollow you when you unfollow them). Are your followers all real? If not, maybe IG is purging fake accounts?

followers are 100% real and active

Fore me everything seems to be ok, i noticed even some innrease in number of follows

What method are you using on these accounts?

fluctuation is common in Instagram. Unless if you see clear pattern of losing for like whole straight 30days. Maybe you just had very bad sources this day or something.

1 Like

Try importing new sources and test with those, always use a source that has a ratio greater than 30% with these new limits in place.

2 Likes

Yes today is a very strange day across the board, even my highest performing clients are feeling it.

1 Like

they coming for us

also facebook was a sh** show the other day on the ads platform they deactivated 3 of my accounts (my personal advertising account and two of my clients) a lot of people I know on twitter had the same thing happen and then every link you could follow to try and get help was dead and sent you to an error page, eventually got through support and they said it was accident but thats a horrible excuse

Your followers are not 100% real, it’s just you’ve never purchased from some source selling “fake followers”. If you have a public account, you can’t stop fake accounts/bots from following you - well, you could remove some of them afterwards. And even with the best filters, your tools will still pick up fake accounts.