Drop in views on TikTok

Hi there guys,
I’ve been experiencing a strange drop in views with the last TikToks that I’ve made and it’s really mind-boggling. The first TikTok that I’ve made hit 40K views and now every single one doesn’t have that reach and are doing poorly. I don’t know what could be causing it. I’m using trending hashtags and songs in my region (Croatia). Could it be due to small number of viewers from Croatia?
Has anyone else experience this?
My TikTok username is @thecroatianphotographer if you want to check it out.
Thanks in advance guys!

2 Likes

Did you just start the TikTok account? I’ll take a look later today

2 Likes

You could say that, yes. It’s only 9 days old today. I have 1.3k followers right now.

i guess a lot of people are experiencing that at the moment though. Ive had one video with 7m views 2 or 3 weeks ago and all my others around 500k - 1m and suddenly after the blacklivematter protest it stopped. I guess the alghoritm changed then…its super frustrating but you just gotta keep on posting i guess

2 Likes

Just keep posting. It is normal variation

2 Likes

yes not every account blows up right away

1 Like

It’s really strange tho. The last two got even a massive hit now, it went from 40K to 1K and now I barely hit 300-400. It’s really strange. I don’t know what to say TBH.

1 Like

yeah just imagine getting from millions to like 5000 views :smiley: its frustrating. but nothing you can do. Continue posting. Do you hit the fyp on your current videos?

1 Like

Yes, every single one of them hit the FYP. It’s around 50-90% FYP. Still, strange with that amount of FYP views, that it gets only 300 views tho. Currently, I can not see the ones that got 300 views because they are still new. I’ll keep you guys posted.
Oh damn, I could feel the pain getting that few views from millions to that number. Pain in the a**. Maybe I should try using a VPN and seeing if changing the region could help out? Do you suggest that? Many said that they got shadowbanned doing that. Your thoughts? :thinking:

1 Like

lol don’t do that. Common rookie mistake. Something will go wrong(it is super easy) and then you will lose the potential to dominate even your own country. You are doing really well already. Just continue and be patient.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement! I thought that myself (VPN) and tried to research about it before I even do it. At least I know now what not to do lol. Could it be an issue maybe that I do English content if I’m Croatian and my region is Croatia? I primarily do English content because I saw, that the Croatian content isn’t that great (they do some stupid challenges in order to get views and all, I’m not that kinda guy, I try to get views with my skill and talent, which is, photography).

1 Like

Probably do a mix of both languages so it can apply to local and global viewers

1 Like

Is it true that TikTok lowers views if your uploading your video from the camera roll? I use premiere pro to edit my videos and then upload them with my phone to TikTok? I use the editor to add text tho.

Probably a myth

1 Like

Don’t forget that India doesn’t have access to Tik tok any more, and that’s my friend make a big difference.

1 Like

Probably tho. I dunno tbh.

What part of croatia are you from? Love that country :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s very true. Massive view base just has been deleted from TikTok. Did you have a view discrepancy with your views lately?

I’m from Istria. :smile:

1 Like

Premiere pro has an official export for Tiktok so doubt this would ever be an issue

1 Like