Email confirmation from client's phone

When a client account gets an email confirmation (the account status is still valid in Jarvee)
is the best way to handle it to just have the client confirm their email address all through their phone?

Or is it necessary to do the confirming from the proxy ip via Jarvee?

Appreciate any insight into this

1 Like

Everything you can do throught the app, do it :wink:

1 Like

Yes just have the client confirm.
Less done through Jarvee the better

2 Likes

thank you, appreciate the insight

It does not matter (for what I know so far). But it is very important that the email confirmation (through clicking the link) is from the same IP as the account is currently operating on. Of course everything you do on a real device is always better than on a simulated one.

1 Like

in Jarvee, how long does it take for the little red dot next to the account name in Social Profiles tab to disappear after the email confirmation is preformed?

1 Like

If you are waiting for it maybe something went wrong. Happens almost instant. You pressed verify too in Jarvee?

1 Like

didnt press verify in Jarvee because the account was still valid

is this needed?

there is a red dot and it’s valid?

yep, there is not even an option to verify when account status is valid as far as i can tell

and when you go to the social profiles settings tab of that account?

1 Like

It should clear on sync.

2 Likes

that’s actually the only place where the red dot appears, in the social profiles tab

you can click on the account then you come to the social profiles settings tab of that account there I usually verify. but just try sync @wortime is pro

1 Like

You can choose to ignore my advice, I won’t be offended. But I never send that notification. If the client has it on their end, fine, but leave things alone unless they 100% need to be messed with.

(Disclaimer: I’ve not pushed it in a while and it might not clear in sync anymore)

2 Likes

and there is never an issue with just letting it be if the client doesn’t preform the confirmation?

and sync happens automatically at certain intervals? or is there something i need to do manually?

really appreciate the insight!

you can configure sync in that tab. (must check Advanced Profil Settings Checkbox)

This tutorial helped me a lot:

1 Like

When you restart JARVEE, the account comes out of night mode, or any number of other things including what @kripke showed you, the account will sync.

No, I’ve seen absolutely zero correlation between blocks etc if that annoying little red button is there. Many times it’s only for that “device”. I might do it for Slavs accounts, but never seen the need. I had it on my app for months and the reason it went away was because my wife was tired of it.

Going into the profile tab is just what you expect, it sends an API request to open the profile. You want to avoid any actions that IG night consider high risk, like anything involving the profile. Other experienced users can chime in. But I leave it alone and it works fine

2 Likes

Set MP to restart 2x a day. That way you can always see this shit when it happens. Easy

1 Like

was absolutely not aware of that ty. So changing account settings eg: nightmode from time to time also a move I should avoid because i open the tab?