Engagement Group - Follower Count Question

I want to start an engagement group and was wondering if it makes any difference to have it open to people of a certain follower amount or wether just having it open to everyone is just as beneficial. I’ve seen for example people that only do them for accounts over 10k. Is there a reason?

Yes, an account with more followers has “stronger” likes. This means that a like from an account with 100k followers will make your post be seen by more people and it is more likely to end up on the explore page.

Therefore it’s not really useful to start engagement groups with people who are below 10k in my opinion

1 Like

Also, for best results you want to group accounts within same niches. As Instagram’s algorithm places accounts within a certain set, accounts that interact with each other that are in the same niche send positive triggers to the system and that highly benifits the accounts from the EG.

1 Like

An account of 9k that gives out a few likes seems to be better than a 50k account giving out hundreds… :thinking::wink:

Plus unless its niche related and they follow you…

That’s where you get on to their followers explore

1 Like

Same niche is mandatory i would say… You have to !

1 Like