Engagement keeps dropping lately

My 24K travel page dropped from about 700 likes to about 200-400 within the last 2 weeks, no idea why. Slowly, too, post by post. It seems to me (based solely on testing on this account) that using DM groups makes the engagement even worse. Like with them it’s 20 comments /100-200 likes but without them 400-500 likes with 1 or 2 comments.

I mean my engagement was bad to start with but this is like straight up weird. AND to top it up, my follower growth per day has gone up?

Not sure what to make of this.

2 Likes

Instagram being garbage, but hey at least you gain followers? I’ve been consistently losing, have zero gains since June, not even exaggerating.

3 Likes

I’m the same- travel account with around 35k. Engagement was already pretty low but lately I only get 300-500 likes after 24h. I think I took a huge hit lately because I unfollowed a lot of people I was following ( a LOT like 2000 people)…turns out a lot of my engagement was coming from those people oops! debating on whether I should follow a bunch of people again and just mute a bunch. It’s a personal account (not business or creator) so maybe that has something to do with it.
To tell you the truth I never bought any followers, but when I post it makes me look like I have fake followers due to low engagement. Drives me crazy!

2 Likes

Ouch, didn’t check if they engaged before unfollowing? And they unfollowed right after you unfollowed them or you blocked them? Usually people don’t even notice you unfollow them until a few days or weeks.

There was a great guide here or on BHW about deleting ghost followers, check that one out, it should get your ER up at least a bit. Also, keep on posting stories daily and try engaging with your followers before you post. (like actually taking 30 random followers and commenting on their posts before you post)

And make sure you ask them to turn on their notifications with whatever bait you can figure out for that.

2 Likes

Thanks!! Nah I unfollowed just in a bout of frustration for other reasons hahah. Should have checked first! But thanks for the info!

1 Like

I can’t niche-down. It’s fashion travel and photography all in once.

I am not using automation the last month so it’s not that. Whether something is wrong on their side or maybe they changed with so many updates again the way they show posts on the feed (?)

I am on exactly the same boat…

Yeah, but I was working to have 10% ER at 100k, not at 20k :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems too wide to me

In lots of topis I saw word “niche”. What is it? I cant translate in translator :smiley: I would be thankful if someone explain it to me :slight_smile:

category, like a pet account, or a travel account

1 Like

More like a dog more precisly instead of pet for example

I totally agree with points who mention about instagram pushing towards organic growth.

To add bit of hope to the table, I have been tracking the growth of this guy: https://www.instagram.com/jordi.koalitic/ (probably some might have seen his content before). Growing 5000-10000 followers a day with his content. Engagement drop clearly doesn’t affect him.

Concentrate on your content as it is said millions of times before, “content is the king”. It is one of the times when we have to put in more effort! Hopefully things will get back to normal soon

Hi Pierre, is there a way to share you tricks ?
Can i send you my email address .

1 Like

I will, but currently I see that Instagram takes sniper approach to all fixes and solutions, for example storyviewing was big thing… for a week. Now we have new limits.
I think Instagram hired guys to “do the job” in a certain period of time, when their results will be satisfying they will calm down. Waves of increased bot detection aren’t anything new, so for now I would say we have to wait. It’s not over, loosing battle not the war.

Today I got one account out of shadowban, usually it has 600 likes under photos (I don’t pay for them), today it got 4 (four) in 8hours. What the…

2 Likes

Holy crap, from 600 to 4. :fearful:

This "down time’ will not last. You just got to wait it out

2 Likes