Engagement significantly down?

Today follows and engagement is down for reasons probably a update. It will pass like other times every week. Been good last 4 days, today a crawl. They come and go

Iā€™m personally seeing increased engagement and follows on my personal account. I posted a picture last night that has 3200 likes, and Iā€™ve gained almost 1,000 followers in the past 3-4 days. Are your accounts experiencing issues?

All accounts rocked last 4 days. Today a snails pace.

I have an aquaculture instagram account, and I use the exact same hashtags, 3-4 times per day.

All posts are reports of other peopleā€™s content. I write my take on it, have a section where I shout out the original poster, and max out the hashtags ( literally, 30).

I have been doing this since November.

My engagement frequently hits 15+ %, and Iā€™m at 12.9k followers, growing by about 200 per day, on days that I post (sometimes I get maxed out elsewhere in life and let my scheduled posts run out).

Then, I have other accounts where the engagement is about half that or lessā€¦ but these differences, to me, seem to be more due to the geographic applicability of the accounts (local businesses vs hobby or topic accounts with global reach). Iā€™m also pretty new to all of this lol.

Oh, and I make it a POINT to respond to literally every comment with something that ties my comment to the initial comment, or the poster of the comment Iā€™m responding toā€¦ I feel like the instagram gods shine favorably on my engaging people enough to negate my following and hash-tagging.

1 Like

If you are using same hashtags over and over, the shadow ban monster will get you soon

2 Likes

I have been experiencing a massive drop in engagement in the last two weeks. Havenā€™t found a solution yet and itā€™s really frustrating.

check to see you are not shadowed or throttled.

Oh I am ghosted like crazy. Just couldnā€™t find a way out of it.

if you know when it started, delete all hashtags from one day before to presentā€¦donā€™t care where they are. Captions or comments. delete them. then wait till it lifts ( usually 14-15 days. This has worked for me often. I got tired of this so I stopped using hashtags and still grow at the same pace as before

1 Like

Do you think avoiding hashtags all together -at least for a while- would help?

First remove the source, I bet there is a banned or semi-banned one there. Second, if it workes for you, no keep them but make sure they are okay. A friend got shadowed because she used #romance, at that time a semi-banned one.

Thanks for the clarification. Will try that for sure.

One thing that makes me think that this is caused by another issue is that I started experiencing this on most of my accounts simultaneously, with the least amount of footprints. The only thing that connects them is that they all use blazing proxies. I am guessing maybe IG is going hard on certain subnets.

I used them and also Highproxies and was not ghosted just had the like/follow blocks. if they all used a hashtag gone astrayā€¦it will explain it. If a majority were PVā€™ed then that was the reason, the PV. From what I have seen, bad proxies do not lead to throttles or ghosting. That has been my experrience and others may be right and correct me.

Thank you for your answers, @Alexnvo.
I have been doing some testing in the last week and I will post my experience when/if I find a way outta ghosting

1 Like

hahahah. agh! ok - so, question then, do those ā€œhave-i-been-shadow-bannedā€ websites actually work? Also, this is a globally-active instagram accountā€¦ so, I could just take all of the hashtags and translate them into a couple of languages, and let it randomly select from those? Kinda a same thing, but not same thing scenario lolā€¦

search other thread for these websites, you will learn. Never translated before as I have no need to.