ER down. What do you do?--

What application is this? :open_mouth:

1 Like

the fantastic IGblade by @SheriffWoody with screen capture of andriod in firebox mobile

2 Likes

theory or the planets rotation upon the solar system in the 11:01 hour of the rising of the sun – no matter what ER does 3 things, goes up, does down and never stays the same.

if one knows the feed is feed is getting low ER - the past proves it – one know you cant fight it and have to wait.

5 Likes

I’m going to use this when talking to clients: no matter what ER does 3 things, goes up, does down and never stays the same.

But I will say, the article about people being stingy likes is spot on from Next Web. There is something to that, but it’s too deep from my fitness trainer client in Vegas to understand.

2 Likes

forcing er up when the feed is down damages an account – people start blocking followers – if they wait a week or so, those same people who they blocked – some of them would of seen the post.

2 Likes

But let me ask you something, you always mention ‘some of them would of seen the posts.’ I do agree the more people who see posts the more likes, BUT wouldn’t you agree that more people are liking less even if they see the post? Content is getting stale. You don’t think there is anything to that?

2 Likes

I think it’s the same … Some like, some never like.
But with one caveat. Studies show as a person gets older they interact less on social media. Your theory might be correct cause we all are getting older

3 Likes

I love where this discussion is headed.

I agree with you that I am personally liking with intention rather than just a liking everything that looks good …

Great share @mrsmith about what you say to clients about ER. I have a few fitness clients worried about it going up or down or wtv. I am sure I will have further discussions with them in the coming weeks.

This is why I emphasized my clients to do those personal and inviting IG Stories highlights. To quickly go from visitor to follower by seeing what the page is about and etc…

I am seeing a good change in some of my clients content direction when they are being more open and relatable with their posts. (and its easier for them to transition from followers to clients).

Especially when they show up on stories more often sharing their wins and losses…

2 Likes

Liking with intention is a great phrase. I think that’s where the article needs to be expanded. People are most likely liking less because most content is the same, mindless crap and it doesn’t pertain to them.

Getting clients to do what you ask is super tough. A lot of people want the results, but don’t want to put in the work. It’s great some of your clients do.

3 Likes

I´m having contradicting reports on that, sometimes others said it backfires and you dont get back much ER

1 Like

It used to work well several months ago. The main issue is that there is no way to differentiate ghost followers from normal followers for whom the algorithm is not showing your posts.
That’s why there’s a difference