Everyone talks about followers, but does everyone consider QUALITY?

Great idea! Keep me updated as to how your testing goes!

What are you restrictions with this method in terms of determining the quality of those who have engaged? (Follower/following ratio, profile photo, bio words, etc)

Basically, what I’m trying to determine: A lot of engagement is faked with Fuelgram and comment/like pods, so if you’re seeing repetitive engagers how can you rule out that they’re not “really” engaged users and just trying to grow with those sorts of things?

I’d be concerned that repeat engagement would be due to that, unless you’ve got some super fans following those accounts… I find it rare (at least going from my own personal page that I monitor) to have frequent engagement from the same people on a regular basis. Maybe over time, but not the last 10-20 posts, going by your example.

Hi Ian - that is a valid concern.

What I would say is that, I don’t think many of the scraped users are those that are faking engagement via bots. The reason is if they are engaging on posts from accounts that they already follow I doubt this would be fake engagement. What would be the point of setting a bot to like the posts from an account you already follow (i dont see how this helps an account grow)?

Let’s say you’re right and these are “fake engagers”, I would hypothesize that they would not end up following your account if you targeted them since there might be nothing in it for them to do so, Thus, the would get weeded out and you wouldn’t end up with a non-engaged follow from them.

Lastly, I would say you can combine this strategy with the Jarvee scrape tool to check to see if they are engaging in YOUR posts after you target them and they follow you. Remove any that are not engaging if desired.

I already wrote what Ian wrote a few comments before but you ignored it.

In my opinion, this strategy would be only effective if the commenters in the last 20 posts are different at a certain percentage, let’s say 70%.

If your target is an account which tries to grow and you find many repetitive comments in the last 20 posts is more than sure that the owner is participating in engagement pods/groups. In that case the users may follow you and comment to you but if you don’t offer back the same to them, they will happily unfollow you very soon.

On the other hand, if you’re sure you’re targeting a clear account, which does not use fake engagement methods, eg fewer comments under each post but real (there are so many such accounts) and different commenters in each post, then the commenters are more likely to follow you from real interest and engage with you.

Yes, you have nothing to lose, but it’s so much waste of resource scraping these data if you focus only to the criterion of the same commenters. It’s easier to participate in an engagement group in the first place.

Plus, liking with a bot accounts that we already follow, we already do that through J for strategical reasons, aren’t we? Engage with followers is good.

1 Like

This is not necessarily true. I have real followers who comment pretty much the same thing on all my posts (I don’t do engagement groups). I love them, it’s like automatic engagement.

It’s hard to identify accounts that use engagement group in my opinion. Best I can do is if the follow back rate is low from the engagers of an account after 50 follows, I just assume they are fake engagements and stop wasting time with rest of engagers of that account.

1 Like

In some cases it may be hard but I could just DM you a number of accounts for which is obvious that they use groups and others for which is obvious that they don’t.

sure, I would be interested in how you spot them.