Explore page hates Hashtags

I get a lot of impressions by hashtags(1k to 30k) and just few of explore page(100-400).

I guess you have to test it. (3k account)

1 Like

I noticed a lot of accounts growing 2k a day & 50%+ ER donā€™t use hashtags. Maybe it really does favor you in explore in that case.

Maybe theyā€™re getting tired of us growing using hashtags and are rewarding content they seem has more authentic reach without the use of hashtags

very useful advice.

2 Likes

Using Hashtags hasnā€™t really affected explore for me. Maybe Iā€™m just a rare case

2 Likes

Explore page hates hashtags? Thatā€™s not true.

everybody here is correct, cause nobody knows really that can be tested. every argument here has a other side that works too. With or without hashtags we know one fact ā€“
Content gets you viral with follower likes( real own followers)
hashtags are highly debatable ā€“ personally I think they are good toilet paper, yet others use hashtags very successfully so both camps are right.
My advice to you folks ā€“ use some accounts with hashtags/use others with them and find out for yourself. Not what others to because you gotta know your niche and accounts.

1 Like

So I tested with my last post, no hashtags and I actually got 20 impressions from explore (I never get impressions from explore before). But itā€™s nothing compare to 4000-6000 impressions I get from hashtags normally so itā€™s not a good trade off for me. Interesting to know though, for next time Iā€™m shadow banned maybe. :joy:

If you keep it consistent tho, i have had 50k reach on tags and gotten about 50 followers well on average thatā€™s it but 10k reach from other/explore when i donā€™t use tags for me can get me 500 followers

1 Like

Nice! Definitely important to get that reach to follow ratio strong for growth. Explore should really be much more dialed in for accounts with a consistent content theme, as long as the account ER can push it.

if you are shadowed, Insta will not put you on explore ā€“ think about itā€¦ shadowbans only are for followers to see not other accounts on the feed. Explore has non-followers

How long would you give it until deciding to move on? Like a week?

For me a month if i really wanna grow that page

1 Like