Facebook and Instagram DMs are merging?

I read this few times already these days. This doesn’t sound exciting for me, since we will have to work on new strategies and to adjust our actions. What do you think will this really happen?

3 Likes

It applies only if you click “update” - if you click “not now” they wont merge and you can continue as normal

1 Like

It’s great if we will all be able to choose if we want to merge it or no. But eventually, they make you accept everything they want. :smiley:

I would speculate this means chatbots for Instagram DMs might be a thing soon. Since they’re already on messenger. It would be good for businesses who already have them for Facebook.

1 Like

You are right. This is actually one of the good things that this merger would bring to some businesses.

1 Like

yes that was my first thought as well chatbots will be the new business on IG as well, a lot of good opportunities and workarounds but we need to keep in mind that it won’t be as spammy as it was on IG a few years ago.

1 Like

I hope not.
I like it the way it is. Seperate.

I prefer it to be separate as well. Facebook and Instagram are two different offerings

1 Like

I really hope they don’t do this

1 Like

They really are. I barely even use Facebook now

To some degree surely they do