Facebook is changing the name of Instagram and WhatsApp

More ‘changes’ from our Lord Zuckerberg:

Facebook confirmed that it’s changing the name of its two most popular apps, Instagram and WhatsApp, to better disclose its ownership of the apps. Soon, Instagram will be known as “Instagram from Facebook” while WhatsApp will become “WhatsApp from Facebook.”

"We want to be clearer about the products and services that are part of Facebook,” a spokesperson told The Information. Sources told the publication that they were recently notified of the changes and appear to be coming as a result of antitrust regulators scrutinizing the company’s holdings.

3 Likes

Youtube from Google incoming.

1 Like

Changes, changes all the time ;/

1 Like

YouTube from Google by Alphabet :smile:

7 Likes

Watch their user base drop from people finding out the services are owned by them. Lol bad move.

1 Like

For real. I know a lot of people who aren’t into tech and use IG but don’t use Facebook cause of all the bad press. When I tell them FB owns IG they are shocked. A lot of people don’t know that.

1 Like

Does that mean i can trademark Instagram…

2 Likes

Is he retarded or genius ?

1 Like

If you scroll down on Instagram on the settings page, you can see they’ve already implemented this.

1 Like

This is actually pretty retarded, esp given all the bad press FB has had. Instagram will get that negative brand rep carried over to them.

But it seems like it was “coming as a result of antitrust regulators scrutinizing the company’s holdings.” as that article states-- the only logical reason to do this.

2 Likes

I don’t think they care about their image anymore to be honest. If they’ve deflected all this negative stuff so easily, it’s seemingly obvious that they just don’t give a fuck about anything beyond name recognition. And money.

3 Likes

I don’t think there will be significant changes to our work

You’ve hit the nail on the head here. It truly and honestly dumbfounds me on a daily basis how they genuinely don’t seem to care about any issues with their platform and moreover the abundance of daily insults and complaints about their applications.

If it doesn’t affect their bottom line enough to care, they won’t care. That’s how corporations work, full stop.

1 Like