Facebook will begin demoting posts that use engagement bait. Will IG be next?

So NO “Like if you agree”, TAG your friends and other call to actions anymore. They are really taking all the fun away. And I am really wondering if people complained to them about this. It looks more like something that they do not like themselves.

People have told us that they dislike spammy posts on Facebook that goad them into interacting with likes, shares, comments, and other actions. For example, “LIKE this if you’re an Aries!” This tactic, known as “engagement bait,” seeks to take advantage of our News Feed algorithm by boosting engagement in order to get greater reach. So, starting this week, we will begin demoting individual posts from people and Pages that use engagement bait.

3 Likes

IG is the same nonsense and even worse sometimes… I haven’t see a video that does not have a red circle in the thumbnail for months now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I welcome such changes :slight_smile:

AKA. we want more money from you and we don’t want you to get any more reach than what you paid for. I swear YouTube and Google will be the only platforms offering organic growth soon, everyone else is P2P.

1 Like

Even though it sucks for some out there, think about it from the perspective of the people who consume your content. Would you want to follow someone and then all you see are posts like: “Follow in 3 seconds or a spider will be in your room tonight”, “Like to complete the heart”, “Doubletap the side you choose”. It gets annoying, and I personally don’t like it, and I don’t even do those kinds of things anymore. I see why they are doing this. So I guess if you want to do these sort of things, you’re gonna have to be indirect about it.

1 Like