First client on SMMA (Instagram)

DUDE… 2,5k … naaah I rather write a snake oil book and buy some snow and 'hoes :grin:

2 Likes

Lol yea its a funny story.
I didint write “how to” its more a guide for myself but Im not actually talking to myself to Idk anyone who reads the “book”
I did last year f\u for couple of months and it was pretty good.
I didnt lie to him, I didnt told him that I have expirience nor told him that he will get 1m followers.
I told him that it takes time and I can not guarantee anything. He can gain 100 followers per month and he can can 0.
I talked to my friend once about “maybe I will open a SMMA” and we didnt talk about it since then(last month) and somehow he referenced him to me.
He wanted help I agreed(I bet you guys would do the same as I did and agree so you can gain experience and so).
So I know its funny I also laugh about it so give you best jokes

1 Like

Nah, I have morals. I’m all for making money, in fact I want to be making 7-8 figures by the time I’m 30(24 now), but I wouldn’t take someones money as a learning experience. You either know how to grow accounts, or you don’t. You grow your own accounts to learn, not trick someone who trusts you to grow their account. Even if he knows you have no clue what you’re doing, I’m sure because he is paying, he’s expecting some results. You won’t deliever those results, especially if you’re saying things like “he can gain 100 followers per month and he can gain 0”. I literally have clients on budget plans gaining that much almost daily. No matter how you justify it, we’re all going to see it as wrong. The more you reply here, the more I’m getting the impression you’re expecting us to teach you. This is an absolutely pointless post in general.

1 Like

@Connor_Lipke that’s like the 12th commandment. 11th is don’t get caught :grinning:

Thumbs up for bringing ethics into the thread. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

I dont want you to teach me anything, I can do it on my own and I perfer to do so. And I am doing so.
You are talking like Im stealing his money, if he wount be satisfied ofc I will give the money back.
What is the problem with the saying “he can gain 100 followers per month and he can gain 0”? did I lied? isnt it the truth?
Just because I did grow up couple of accounts last year that means I dont have any experience? its not that much experience I know so, if its worth something? I also dont know if and how much.
You talking about ‘morals’ and ‘ethics’ while you stamping on other people? what are you? a god?
I didnt asked for lactures, there is a way how to say things.
This is absolutely pointless post FOR YOU. Not for me.
Dont forget that you once didnt has the experience and the knowledge and you HAVE to start with something.
So Im jumping into the deep water what is the problem with it?
If you dont wanna help please I am begging, stop it cuz its aint going anywhere.
I wish you 8 figures by 25 and not 30.

hey bro’ just take it easy. All people are saying… make your own experiences and only sell what you can achieve for yourself. I figure that is a fair point.

2 Likes

the person who gets hurt is the client. You are in deep waters and better learn how to swim fast…this is why – stuff like this – the IG clients give us growers – who know how – such a bad rap.

3 Likes

What did you offer / promise him, what did you tell him that you will do for him? I am just asking because what you deliver should be based on that, right? And this makes it maybe a lil bit easier for you…

… sounds like a reat party where IG can bust us all :wink: Or actually, Instagram should sponsor that party… I mean, who makes 80% of the users open the app? OUR likes and OUR follow actions :blush:

#InstagramWouldBeDeadWithoutUs :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well I didnt promised him anything, just my hard work.[quote=“Alexnvo, post:28, topic:64392, full:true”]
the person who gets hurt is the client. You are in deep waters and better learn how to swim fast…this is why – stuff like this – the IG clients give us growers – who know how – such a bad rap.
[/quote]

I dont see it like that because if he is upset with what I have done I will repay him everything ofc.
So its win-win doesnt it?
If I do a good job I will get the money, if I dont? I will just repay him, he gets a couple of followers and likes for free

Fair enough.
And I do agree with what you are saying.
In the end the client wanted to do so I saied to him that he is batter do it on his own and he still wanted my services.

if he doesn’t get his account disabled. it is not easy …it used to be one could get away with this…today it means account life/death

2 Likes

use your mini book

1 Like

Nah… Everything you do is coming back to you sooner or later… If you already know that your client will have a disappointment with you why then take the money?

It is way easier to make your own experiences, advance in the IG game and then make commitments to customers.

Just my 2 cents…

1 Like

what is SMMA ?

@marcodada dont worry bro. just start learning.
the good info for you:
it’s not about how much you know now - it’s about how fast you are able to learn

2 Likes

it’s not a win -win if you refund him after a month of little or no results. You’re wasting his time and that’s pretty scummy. I really think you should learn different ways of growing accounts before selling it as a service.

1 Like

Started light, then got real quiet quickly.

I love reading these kind of threads :grin:

But on the serious note, buy 20-50 accounts and test the shit out of them for at least 30 days. Experiment with settings and proxies, or you’ll run into troubles with client account. And trust me, you don’t want to be in that place like @Alexnvo said even though you think it’s nothing right now.

As for the client work - use canva and try to take some good pictures for them. Try to mock up some stories using canva again and try to make decent pictures. Any phone camera can deliver nowadays if you put time in it. Pay someone to research hashtags, there are some pros here who might help. And lastly, do f/uf but read for at least half a day on this forum before you go ahead, find good safe settings. And stick with it.

Accounts will grow more than 100 a month. Make mistakes on test accounts, then implement with clients.

3 Likes

Start here but using mobile proxies and test on your own accounts before going anywhere near the client’s account.
Only do manual actions with mobile on the client account until you are confident.

Good luck!

1 Like

I also wanted to ask you why you got a client without actually knowing how to grow his page, but seems like everybody already did haha.
You lerned the lesson I suppose, anyways, you can learn enough regarding f/u here on the forum in 1-2 weeks and start implementing, make sure to grow your own accounts simultaneously though to test new things and stay up 2 date with everything :wink:

1 Like

yeah targeted audience is good but what I’ve done recently is have a viral account which then promotes a product 150k new accounts reached on a 1k account, grows pretty quick and then you can direct traffic, usually mostly us audience though

would have been interested to see how this all went lol. was very entertaining