(For Bloggers) A Quick Guide to Get Paid for Your Instagram Posts

This works best for lifestyle, travel, and fashion bloggers who have 10k+ accounts.

Where to find brands who will sponsor your Instagram posts?

If you are sharing quality posts and engaging with a loyal following everyday, brands will approach you! But, there are ways to approach them yourself.

Influencer marketplaces

Google these and sign up to all of them!

• Fullbottle
  • Obviously
  • Cooperatize
  • T R I B E
  • Popular Pays
  • Instabrand
  • Whaler
  • Hashtagpaid

:small_blue_diamond: How many followers do you need?

10k+ is often an entry-level requirement. 15k+ is the sweet spot, when people start to take you seriously. Anything above 20k+, you should be able to secure weekly sponsorships.

Obviously engagement is just as, if not more important than your total followers. If you donā€™t have consistent interaction on your posts, brands wonā€™t care about you.

Please comment below if I have missed out any influencer marketplaces! I would love to hear from your experience.

*UPDATE: Important info from the comments

:small_blue_diamond: How much do you charge for sponsored posts?

I have found people like to say that the industry standard is USD $10 per 1,000 followers. So thatā€™s $100 for each post if you have 10,000 followers!

In reality, it can be difficult to achieve that unless you are offer high-quality photography and a few Instagram Stories thrown in. Competition is fierce in these categories but itā€™s definitely a good rate to aim for. Consider this as you would with any job and work out how much your time is worth.

And donā€™t forget about engagement! Most marketplaces only care about total followers but some are starting to factor in cost per engagement.

Thanks for your comments, hereā€™s a screenshot I found on my phone from one of these marketplacesā€¦

Itā€™s a recommended rates card (in GBPĀ£).

This isnā€™t easy money. You can only expect to make real money if you have a real audience and you are consistently creating real, valuable content. A trusted website helps which is another reason why this route is best suited for bloggers. Huge brands wonā€™t work with faceless accounts that spam, promote dodgy links or that are overtly using blackhat strategies. Thatā€™s not to say Iā€™m against doing that if you are going down a different route! It might even be easier.

30 Likes

Thanks, bookmarked this!
Do you have experience how much money do they pay?

2 Likes

I have found people like to say that the industry standard is USD $10 per 1,000 followers. So thatā€™s $100 for each post if you have 10,000 followers!

In reality, it can be difficult to achieve that unless you are offering high-quality content and a few Instagram Stories thrown in. Competition is fierce in these categories but itā€™s definitely a good rate to aim for. Consider this as you would with any job and work out how much your time is worth.

And donā€™t forget about engagement! Most marketplaces only care about total followers but some are starting to factor in cost per engagement.

:thumbsup:

7 Likes

god damn O.o thatā€™s easy money in the pocket but engagement is something to take care and its not that easy

2 Likes

Thanks for the guide! Hopefully this might help more of us think out of the box :smiley:

1 Like

Agreed. Itā€™s difficult to maintain a community, I guess thatā€™s why it seems most people here are in the business of selling them. For me, I enjoy creating content. So my aim is to grow and manage up to 20 accounts to 15k+ (small fry in comparison to more advanced members of this forum). If I can do that, I can confidently generate enough monthly revenue to sustain myself.

Thanks, I hope it helps. Iā€™ve learnt so much reading here this week.

Hereā€™s a screenshot I found on my phone from one of these marketplacesā€¦

Itā€™s a recommended rates card.

4 Likes

you do it the right way i must say. Even if bots go down you can continue growing. (y)

1 Like

Nice share, thank you! :slight_smile:

I have just hit 13k on a camping style page, and yesterday I had my first approach for paid posting.

He said he did business with some fishing chick for 1k/month. She had 174k follows and decent engagement.

I offered him $275 for 3-4 posts a month and he agreed :slight_smile:

This will be easy money. I canā€™t wait to grow the following higher.

3 Likes

Good work! 3-4 posts is a sizeable commitment but I am sure it is on-brand.

I would recommend joining a bunch of Facebook Groups for Instagram. Most of them have threads, some dedicated to boosting sponsored posts with reciprocal likes or comments. Itā€™s not 100% honest work but it does help maximise exposure by beating the algorithm and getting the post into the top 9 in hashtag feeds. That is what clients want at the end of the day.

Also, consider talking to him about ā€˜evaluating progress and payment in coming monthsā€™. Basically if you grow to 20k in the next 2 months, you should probably start charging him more.

1 Like

I just joined every site from your list that I could, using MP EB.
I only sell shoutouts on Shoutcart, these prices you listed seem to good to be true.

Are you making money on any of these sites?

1 Like

What is shoutcart?

It is a site where you list your accounts and get paid for shoutout (their fee is 30%).

Prices at shoutcart are much lower then prices on sites in this thread. I guess customers are differentā€¦

1 Like

Thank @insomnijak for sharing this, :joy:

1 Like

Like I said, in reality, it can be difficult to achieve those rates. These markets are extremely competitive and the application process for individual campaigns can be brutal. That being said, you shouldnā€™t sell yourself short. Brands are happy to pay a great deal more on Facebook adverts, why wouldnā€™t they pay the same for an influencer offering more impressions with a targeted audience?

If you are creating original content and you have to work with a needy agency. You might look at the hours involved, production costs and realise it can come close to minimum wage.

Ā£15 per post wonā€™t buy you dedicated servers and a new DSLR.

ā€‹I recently worked with Canon UK to promote their ā€œLive for the Storyā€ campaign. Obviously with bigger brands, they have bigger budgets. Some of these marketplaces listed above offer a higher calibre of clientele, you just have to have a high quality account sharing original content to be considered.

Iā€™m getting around 1 sponsored post per month, anywhere from Ā£40 to $100. Well below the suggested rates and less than what most of my blogger friends seem to achieve. As well as free festival tickets and hotel stays. I always turn down offers that would damage the credibility of my brand.

My aim is to grow and manage up to 20 accounts to 15k+. If I can do that, I can confidently generate enough monthly revenue to sustain my travels on Instagram alone.

You can only expect to make real money if you have a real audience and you are consistently creating real, valuable content. A website helps which is another reason why this method is better for bloggers. Huge brands wonā€™t work with faceless accounts that spam, promote dodgy links or appear to be using blackhat strategies. Thatā€™s not to say Iā€™m against doing that if you are going down a different route!

3 Likes

With these sponsored posts. It is better to start of small so you can begin to get the hang of it, and then you can gradually step it up. Also, when youā€™re doing these posts, make sure that they are good and that they donā€™t sound fake. If you do that then that will be good for you because 1. Your audience will begin to not mind them and 2. It looks better for when you are trying to get future sponsored post since companies are more likely to hire someone with better sponsored posts. I hate it when I see ads just out there with no thought put into it. If seeing that ad wouldnā€™t make you interested in the product/service then donā€™t post it

some of them reqire to be linked and accing your account in your nameā€¦ no proble with that for you?

Yes, not a problem for me (yet).

You need to sign in to authorise most of them so use precaution, same as you would if you sign into your accounts for anything else.

Same IP address / proxies. Use the embedded browser on MP if you can.

Do you have any names of these FB groups?

1 Like

Amazing Article. Thansk for this!