šŸ” GENIUS Example Of "Out Of The Box" Marketing/Advertising

Just a few moments ago, I was surfing YouTube and came across a very unique marketing tactic which may inspire some creativity for you guys. You may actually find some success by coping and applying this to your own businesses, or this may just open your mind to more creative methods of marketing. Regardless, its genius!

So Burger King just released a new 15 second commercial. Watching it you would just think its just another lame commercial that explains nothing about the product. However there is something special about it. If you have an android phone with ā€œOK Googleā€ enabled make sure you have it by your side, and make sure your your computer volume is not on mute. Without further adieu, click play on the first video :smiley:

How awesome was that! The Marketing Cheif of Burger King actually wrote a Wiki article which your phone will read for you. All you need to do is say ā€œOk Googleā€¦What is the Whopper Burgerā€. Now you are probably thinkingā€¦how could I use that for advertising? Well if you are on Facebook or Instagram promoting a product or service, you can have a short video clip somewhere in the video where it says ā€œOk Googleā€¦go to www.yourwebsite.comā€ or ā€œOk Googleā€¦what is [Enter Product/Service Here]ā€. You would then need to create a Wiki article, and you are all set. Using this method you can drive more traffic to your website, or create more awareness for your product or service. In addition it will likely make your viewers laugh which releases dopamine, and will slightly increase the chances they buy what you are selling. Who knows, they may share it with their friends also and you get even more exposure.

Anyways, I hope this got your juices flowing, and maybe you guys can come up with some new unique out of the box ways to promote your business/services.

Here is some more infroamtion in regards to this Burger King video if you want to learn more :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Extra creative imo. I did hear the obvious onslaught of complaints too about people calling it invasive, but who gives a damn. It worksā€¦

1 Like

Great idea - so the advert itself activates ā€˜ok Googleā€™ a function I have never heard of as an iPhone. And if Iā€™ve got that right surely the Iphoneā€™s Siri can be activated in a similar way? With ā€˜Hey Siriā€™

Oh dear, of course there are people who think its invasive. Just disable Ok Google, and never worry about that again.

I find it funny how people think thats invasive when people seem to have no problem accepting the terms of sale for Apples iPhone. ā€“ Buying an iPhone and accepting the terms of service that state your are leasing the phone under a corporation. Because of this, Apple is allowed to record any information or activity on your phone legally.

People also dont seem to have a problem with Facebooks terms which state they have the rights to use your pictures for marketing, and anything else they wish. ā€œFOR CONTENT THAT IS COVERED BY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, LIKE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS (IP CONTENT), YOU SPECIFICALLY GIVE US THE FOLLOWING PERMISSION, SUBJECT TO YOUR PRIVACY AND APPLICATION SETTINGS: YOU GRANT US A NON-EXCLUSIVE, TRANSFERABLE, SUB-LICENSABLE, ROYALTY-FREE, WORLDWIDE LICENSE TO USE ANY IP CONTENT THAT YOU POST ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH FACEBOOK (IP LICENSE). THIS IP LICENSE ENDS WHEN YOU DELETE YOUR IP CONTENT OR YOUR ACCOUNT UNLESS YOUR CONTENT HAS BEEN SHARED WITH OTHERS, AND THEY HAVE NOT DELETED IT.ā€

If you have a problem with Burger King using ok Google to bring up a harmless clever way of promotion, then shut your blinds, cancel your internet, and smash your phones. There is so much worse things going on.

2 Likes

Exactly :slight_smile:

Correct, but the difference being the iPhone needs to be pluged into the wall in order for ā€œHey Siriā€ to work.

With android, the phone does not need to be plugged in. In addition there are many smart home gadgets with the android ā€œOk Googleā€ built in, including Alexa.

1 Like

On the note of Facebook, Mark Zuck openly discusses how privacy is not relevant in a modern worldā€¦

Yet heā€™s the dude selling our data packages to big brands.

EDIT: Since Iā€™m really on it with this one I posted this documentary earlier for people to watch, itā€™s all about EXACTLY the problem you just talked about @BrandonBerner

1 Like

Hahaha, why am I not surprised :smiley:

Nothing is free. It call comes with a catch (usually your privacy).

Neat! Ill take a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really smart out of the :bento: thinking.

Iā€™m sure they could of also done one for :green_apple: users (Siri)

I have recently seen a lot of interactive YouTube Virtual ads, if you move your :iphone: your moving the :camera:

:top: With some more creativity and engaging content and ideas could be really powerful but Iā€™m not sure how much it costs to get that type of content made, guess itā€™s for the big advertiserā€™s, but Iā€™m sure night clubs venues etc would be interested in CAR 360 interactive videos, thoughtsā€‹:grey_question:

Update: https://youtu.be/t7Krn-DH3tw

2 Likes

Fuck, @YungBuck just went full @SkinnyGirl.

Never go full @SkinnyGirl

5 Likes