Google and Huawei, what do you think?

Haha ! Blocked aliexpress it would be really funny for American dropshippers! good idea :rofl:

1 Like

Hahaha, we’ll be out of business soon!

Yes ! It can be possible :rofl:

Huawei’s OS Hongmeng

Still, if you read the whole thread you understand that developing a new os doesn’t change the situation so much

Huawei is not forbidden to use Android, it just forbidden to use gmail youtube and some apps relate to google.

China ban Facebook, ins etc. It’s not to protect Chinese internet business, it was motivated by political considerations.

this is the only decision from trump that I like. Because Huawei is more asshole than trump is.

that being said, they can still use android. They just can’t use google services (Imagine Amazon Fire Phone or BlackBerry 10 Devices – not newer blackberry).
But then, the user can install opengapps by rooting the device. Heck, huawei being huawei, they can start using opengapps, even though it wasn’t allowed.

I think China is in for a pretty good beating in the Trade War… They loose a lot of their manifacturing jobs to other countries because of the tariffs and I dont think they will be able to climb up higher on the technological ladder as long as the USA doesn´t want to cooperate with them.

That’s wrong, they can only use the open source version of Android that it’s not that great.
Also, they will not receive any future android updates making their phone vulnerable

If Google pushes China into their own proprietary OS then it’ll be a worse scenario for both Google and the US.

Specially if South Korea decides to do the same, it’s game over for Android, and Samsung has been exploring proprietary OS for a while.

1 Like

that’s what I mean. The “open source android”. Android was open source the whole time, that’s why Amazon can make one without google play services.

They can receive security update, which derived from open source android, then recompiled by huawei.

Huawei will Keep using Android beceause it’s an open source OS , so they don’t need to make a new OS , they just need to find a way to make apps that compete with : Youtube ,Gmail , Play store etc…

Android, with the name and all, isn’t open source.

Android with a different name and without the Play Store is basically what I meant by proprietary OS.
Which shouldn’t be hard to pull, if it comes to that.

This is worse for Google than Huawei, in terms of finances.

1 Like