[Guide šŸ°] How to fix the new IG+FB photo tracking

Maybe IPTC/XMP is metadata?
Hereā€™s a screenshot of the sub-menu

1 Like

Youā€™re using a mac, and I use pc/windows, so the menu looks different:

If you canā€™t find it, try looking for a different mac software that can remove metadata.

I donā€™t think we need to use irganview.net software at all when xnview remove all the metadata information. Now we just need to change MD5 Hashtag, which jarvee do it automatically I think.

1 Like

Thanks.
So IPTC/XMP is not metadata?

1 Like

I also downloaded the latest version of xnview, and I see same menu as you see( @cowboymug ) in my windows machine. Lookā€™s like OP is using older version(mine is Version 0.93.1 64bits ), whatā€™s your @benny? If youā€™ve older one then please share that version MSI/EXE file :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much. I was looking for something like this on this forum, but I couldnā€™t find it.
I just realised you had linked to this guide on a nother thread.

Great step by step guideline it is :pray:

1 Like

Great share OP, thanks.

I am doing it with Adobe Bridge that changes the metadata + changes the quality of photo (you need to have Photoshop). I have also a HashChanger, it can be searched and downloaded

1 Like

Iā€™m using the portable version. You can download it (free) from here:
https://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/xnview_portable

1 Like

I added this step to take care of the hidden data (read part 1 above and part 7 above)

I think thatā€™s good, just make sure to save the file at the end with a PNG extention, so all the hidden data will be removed (see part 1 above)

1 Like

Valuable info here!

Why not just take a screenshot after step 5 and edit it to fit the IG aspect ratio?

1 Like

Because when you take a screenshot, you use some software (either windowā€™s or other) to save it to a file, and if that software saves some metadata (i.e. info about your pcā€™s configuration or something), then all your pictures will have something connecting them together.

I prefer to be safe and to not have ANY info on my pictures.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure IPTC/XMP is metadata - it allows me to clear the caption, keywords, categories, credits, status, date/time and source.

1 Like

Could beā€¦

Thank you for the taking the time to write this great guide!

Iā€™m curious about deleting the Metadata. Thatā€™s how I did it until now, but Iā€™m thinking about if it doesnā€™t look ā€œrealā€ because normally all photos have Metadata donā€™t they?

Thanks a lot for the guide! Would the same apps work to do this on many accounts simultaneoulsy?

Are you changing or deleting the metadata?

1 Like

Delete it with Batch Purifier then changing with Bridge and extra layer of sage, change md5 with HashManager

1 Like

Are you writing new metadata into the photo? Iā€™m also wondering if you do this manually or you are using something like a randomizer since you have a lot of accounts running. Doing this in bulk manually for every photo takes a lot of time.

1 Like

Iā€™m just deleting it myself.

1 Like