[Guide] Shopify Finding Competition/Niche Ideas/Client Prospecting

Hello my name is Evan,

I’m making this guide to help anyone starting out or for anyone that has been using Shopify but wants a quick guide that could take them one step closer to success. It’s simple but something that I didn’t think about for a while so hope this comes of value to you!

1. Goto https://myip.ms/ and put Shopify’s IP Address 23.227.38.32
    (Could be more then that one but I believe that is the main one 75k+ URL’s on it)

2. Click other sites on IP:

3. On the next page Click View All Results under the first table:

4. Now the search tool pops up and you can search for anything by URL I have an example for health below:

I use this to find competitors mainly and surprises me who is actually using Shopify. Also, If see a store hasn’t been updated in a while I’ll usually reach out to them to see if they would like my services for marketing and E-Commerce. I’m sure you can come up with more uses for this simple tool.

Another way of making use of the internet!

Best Regards,

Evan S.

30 Likes

Great content! Thanks for the share!

1 Like

We found this little trick 2 years ago and I am surprised that no one talked - or at least I haven’t seen it - about it in the public. Nice share for beginners :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you! and I thought it would be helpful :sunglasses:

1 Like

Actually, it’s very well known ‘trick’. It’s been talked about this in almost every forum I’m part of and in every FB group where the topic is dropshipping/e-commerce.
I’m surprised that it hasn’t been shared here (just guessing that after reading your comment).

1 Like

Maybe that is why I didn’t see it. I don’t spend my time in such circles :stuck_out_tongue::innocent:

2 Likes

This is a great eye opener and share, thanks!

1 Like

hi
im looking for a good ecommerce course
free or paid
Better for free one with a download link :wink: thanks guys

Oh wow this is really good tutorial.
Thanks dude.
So we can do this too for woocommerce and other website right?

Incredible! Thanks :slight_smile:

You couldn’t do it for woocommerce since that’s a wordpress plugin and is hosted in different accounts people have setup for their sites. You could use a tool like Builtwith for that though. Here’s an example:
https://trends.builtwith.com/shop/WooCommerce

3 Likes

i see. so it’s worked if the web have same server or something like that.

nice tip. i will probably use the tool to assess competition in particular niches in combination with visiting the websites . if they were open more recently then i would assume its a trending topic (combined with trend analysis keyword tools)