Has anyone actually tested creator accounts yet?

My reach is pretty abysmal due to business account throttling, so if it’s worth switching to a creator account, I definitely will. Has anyone actually make the switch and posted a few times to see if there’s an improvement in reach or impressions? Curious, and scared to switch myself not knowing if it’ll improve or somehow get worse.

I did and the results on impressions are:

Need to see more testing than a single post to be sure. Did you wait 7 days with it on? It’s still factoring previous reach. Did you switch back yet?

Is business account throttling a real thing in peoples experience? I thought it was more of myth

I know a few people here experience it. My personal account has 75k followers, and on average I get 20k-25k reach, and 30% are from hashtags.

I know @imaginaryuser has a similar sized account and similar reach.

2 Likes

Yeah, the creator account is active for the past 6 days and I have done 4 posts in this period. On a non-post day, I receive 5-7K impressions (like you see on the left last corner - 6.2K).

After switching to creator account, on a non-post day, I got 448 impressions (my all time low).

I haven’t switched back my account to business profile yet. It would be interesting to see how it works for other members.

2 Likes

Just posted. Shit engagement. Reached 1K in one hour and 150 likes with 50K followers. Fuck facebook. I’m going to switch back to Business hoping it will help

2 Likes

How big is this account?

Thats just a guess, but maybe the reach of the creator accounts will be different in few weeks or months. Because this feature is new, it can be that the AI of Instagram is just collecting data and will adjust the algorythm (for the creators) based on the data. But thats just speculation. We have to test it from time to time and analyze.

4 Likes

Could be true… You know why Volkswagen is successful… They always go for the 2nd mover advantage. They are never the first with a new design or technology on the market. But once they see that something is working they go full scope.

2 Likes

That is a pretty good comparison. The general is not at the front either.

I just rolled it out, give me a few days to let you guys know.

1 Like

Unrelated, but I just checked out your content and it’s amazing. great engagement too

1 Like