How do I use giveaways to get more engagement?

Hi,

Some tips or hints would be great!!! Thank you.

you make a giveaway on your instagram.
magic

6 Likes

Yes I understand that. But how should I go about doing that? What are some tips and tricks to having a successful giveaway that boosts engagement?

you give away something very expensive, something that people cant ignore the giveaway

2 Likes

You can do what is called a “round robin”. Where you and others (or even just you, but across multiple accounts/brands etc) do a combined giveaway. This would be a larger prize, a few hundred dollars in gifts or cash, and you have to like the post, follow that account and do the same for each account that the current account mentions. You do this until you get back to the original account that you started with.

3 Likes

Give them rules. I made the rules to a giveaway that exploded with engagement by “counting” each action as an additional entry. ie. 'tag a friend for additional entry. repost and hashtag (insert your hashtag) for an additional two entries and increase your chances!" not exact but something along those lines

5 Likes

Did you use third party software to count entries, or did you count them manually?

1 Like

I didnt count them at all. LOL. What I DID do however, I selected people at random from each action. So I randomly pick someone who tagged a friend, randomly picked someone who reposted, and randomly pick someone who just did whatever the initial action was. that way i didnt have to count and their chances were honestly increased.

2 Likes

Okay cool :slight_smile:

Do you mind if I send you a PM to see an example of this? I’m just curious to see what it looked like.

@wortime thx for your wisdom

1 Like

Do people actually give stuff away? Too many times have I heard that giveaways are actually fake and no items or money are given away.

1 Like

I have some outdoor pages that I do a lot of giveaways on. Because I have 10k+ follows on these pages the outdoor companies I team up with are happy to provide the item for the giveaway ($50-$200) value.

1. Follow this page and @companiesname
  2. Like the picture
  3. Tag two friends that would love this product (unlimited comments, must be two different people each time) - giving them unlimited comments is huge.

Run the competition for 7+ days advertise daily in your story + on any posts you have posted after it.

4 Likes

I do this too and engagement goes crazy high. I attribute a number to each valid comment and use a website (sorteador.com.br) to randomly choose the winner. I also partner with other profiles to give a multitude of prizes at once (last contest I gave away 8 photoshoots + 3 tattoos + 4 dinners in one post)

2 Likes

I heard of the term loop giveaway. I got invited in some but I doubted whether to send $50 to people I don’t know for the sake of followers. People say they are an awesome way to build traffic. There are FB groups for that.

1 Like

i’ve got what might be a simpler idea.

been meaning to try this out myself, so if anyone does try this, please let me know how it goes!

what i’m thinking is this:

Just run a “contest” where you donate $1 for every comment your post receives. For example…

You could post something related to Hurricane relief, and say you will donate $1 for every comment the post receives (up to a certain amount, just in case).

People who see the post will likely be your followers, and when they comment they will most likely “like” the post too. I would hope that this would improve your overall engagement going forward.

Nice one Josh, thanks

You’ve made my day with this sorteador website! What an amazing tool. I’m going to draw it live!

1 Like

:slight_smile: