How do you manage your time?

I really wish I could get a handle of my time management. I’ve tried lists. I’ve tried software. I’ve tried BS guru stuff but I still haven’t found a method that works for me. Lately for the last year or so I’ve been working off a to do list sticky note pad someone gifted me. It’s helped me prioritize tasks and stop forgetting some tasks but still very manual. It works for now, but I know I’ll have to step it up once I start scaling.

I’d love to eventually get to automating a lot of my manual tasks but that takes figuring out how to automate it and that takes time which I don’t currently have. I guess I’ll go cry with @wortime now

2 Likes

Write everything in Journal before bed for the next day, meditate on your own identity, goals, visualizations, Purpose/Whys/Reasons, and affirmations IGVPA

Do this daily and you’ll stop procrastination, everything will be cut out that doesn’t fit these criteria!

Edit: also in my journal before bed, write down NOT TO DO list. It’s more powerful than a to do list :slight_smile:

5 Likes

i like making to do lists with different priority levels for different tasks so i always know what i need to focus on next. But sometimes the biggest priority is to lay around all day and not think about work so my brain can reset

1 Like

I make It a priority to clear everything daily THEN rest.

It’s like when I used to feel like I hadn’t accomplished anything if I hadn’t hit the gym.

Look up “eat that frog”

If you knew you had to eat a frog everyday when you woke up, everything would be easy after that.

Take your biggest tasks (your frogs) and eat them first.

Everything will be easy to knock out after!

2 Likes

For me mind mapping is really useful as it helps me see the whole picture visually before setting priorities and to do lists.
If you are a visual thinker this is great. If you are an OCD list person then it won’t help you.

No offence to the OCD list people, you are awesome too!

1 Like

You’re not alone…:joy:

2 Likes

same things past 5 years
3:00 – 3:45 am
post, coffee smoke
3:45 – surf.
4:: am – get ready for work
5:30 leave for work on train –
post any missed pages, surf – check stats
9:00 am -break at work --post on big page during break
11:00 am – lunch at work – post on big page during lunch/eat
3:30 off work, on train home – post
4:30p.m. – start coding or reading or checking on clients.

5 Likes

I’m envious of your surf life - where are you based?

1 Like

haha i thought the same. then i checked the times. I guess he meant surfing in the web not on waves

3 Likes

haha ah yeah that makes sense. I’ve been dreaming of getting back to a place where I can surf so that’s where my mind was at haha

I used to surf when I was younger --true story at San Diego California. Still in that city and much older

2 Likes

Love San Diego. I first learned to surf in Del Mar during college spring break trip.

1 Like

i went to Mr.Carmel high surfed around Torrey Pines beach – below del mar – was ten minutes away on car. Summer time went to live in Santa Barbara area and loved channel islands. Gave it up for real life

1 Like