How many IG accounts is it safe to use per dedicated proxy?

Since I’ve been reading different opinions regarding this particular issue, I decided to create this thread to share what your safest number of IG account per dedicated proxy is. Some people say 1 is the way to go while there’s others who are having success with up to 5 accounts per proxy… what’s your current safest setup?

1 Like

And this text is because i have to put at least 20 characters…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not sure that this topic will really help, you’ll notice that if and when people reply they will still have different answers, the more paranoid go for 1 account per proxy, others go for 2, max 3, I’ve seen others go for 5, 10 or even more. I highly depends on how you’re actually using those accounts, how aggressive you are with them and a lot more… best way it to test it by yourself and see what is the sweet spot for you.

3 Likes

@Johnny I agree, but the topic should really help those looking for the best “setups” when running their campaigns. Like said before, I know people running 5 accounts per proxy with no issues but if that’s 1 person out of 10 at least you have some sort of “answer” to the question. As far as I’ve read/asked since months ago, the perfect number of accounts per proxy is 2-3, but maybe users of massplanner have something different to say, other setups they’ve had success with, hence the importance of this topic.

1 Like

Then you must also know that they’re prepared to lose them in a bunch. How many, should be also used (asked) with how much risk are you willing to take, and that should be the final answer.

If you’re running a campaign for a client for example, you wouldn’t put 5 accs on 1 proxy. If you’re running your own spam campaigns then sure.

Whether how “safe” it is, as @Johnny said it depends on the activity. If all 5 of them are following 1200 per day per acc, what chances of it is safe? 100%? 50%? 10%? 0%?

If they all follow 1200, like 1200, and DM 1200, what chances of it is safe? Just by being tied together with that proxy, even if that 1 acc is not doing anything at all, it will face problem. And you must also know the history of the proxy. If that proxy has just been lifted from ban, it is still probably 1 or 2 strikes already. And the sequential side of it being in a subnet also plays a role.

1 Like

I would use no more than 3 accounts per proxy.

3? !!! its not 2016 anymore:slight_smile:

1 max! to be safe

2 Likes

Yeah, don’t be cheap. 1 on 1!!!

2 Likes

2 with low settings, 1 with moderate to high settings.

Also, it depends on the objective. Are the Instagram accounts churn-and-burn style accounts with very little time invested, or are they legitimate accounts where you invest time into finding content, etc.

If they are churn-and-burn accounts then why not just get some cheap IPV6 proxies and see how long the accounts can survive.

If they’re legitimate accounts then you shouldn’t hesitate to invest a little bit more money into good proxies- think about the ROI.

1 Like