How many times can an IG account get blocked before suspend?

Hi guys,

Seems something’s happening with my account in the last week. I’ve been running the account since May and growing quite steadily but last week Fri I got a temporary follow block and today it happened again. Just for clarification I use a bot but not going into extreme speeds or anything (definitely staying within the hourly norms).
So my question is do you know if there’s a limit on the times you get blocked before IG suspends your account?
Also while blocked from following can I still post (I usually do once per day)?

Followblock is usually temp depending on certain things. It should not prevent you from posting. The follow block is not as big of a deal as a PV or EV.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, wortime! Does that mean it is a relatively common situation that an account can get a follow block and it still shouldn’t result in a permanent ban/suspended account (even if you get blocked 5-6 times, etc.)?

No, that means you are following too many people too quickly. That is not normal. As for the number of blocks needed for a ban or suspension I wouldn’t keep testing the limits of that for sure.

Got it, cheers!

1 Like

6.48074069 times

1 Like

i got like blocket :confused: will it come down?
anyone got the scoop about the new API changes?

1 Like

What do the abbreviations PV and EV mean? @wortime

1 Like

Phone verification or Email verification. If you sometimes do something that Instagram doesn’t like, it can as you to reverify via those two methods or reset your password and force you to change it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, I figured it was that, appreciate the clarification.

1 Like

mine was around 5-7 times
Now can’t restore ((

1 Like

Mark Zuckerberg does. Have you tried PMing him on Facebook? It’ll only cost you $100 to ask him.

1 Like

Sorry to hear… in what time-frame did these 5-7 times occur?