How some big Instagram accounts survive for years without a ban?

Hello everyone! I was wondering how some big accounts survive for years without being banned.

For example, this account has 3.2 million of followers and has over 5k posts. Surely, they were reported many times for the use of copyrighted videos, spam, given the fact they post promotional posts often and not giving the proper credits, but that account still live!

I have three accounts I grow in funny pets’ video. I like the growth rate and I am planning to grow them big and then sell. However, I am afraid that I am will be reported in future for copyright videos or by competitors. By the way, I always give credit to the source and if I see copyrighted video then I do not touch that video no matter how good it is.

So how to keep my accounts safe till they get big? The only thing I can think of is to remove old videos, even though they are the best posts.

P.S. I tried to write as clearly as I could.

1 Like

I have recently read a thread on BHW, where the guest does the same, pulls images from different sides, everything is done for him by the bot, he only sets it up once a month.
In this way he has free food in the restaurants for promotions on his profile.
So far, I see everything ok and continue doing it.
But what will we still do not know ourselves :slight_smile:
It also depends on the people who report your account.

1 Like

As long as you’re doing this you are in the safe side!!! Good luck

2 Likes

You don’t know that, try to get to the source, talk with some of those accounts. my 5 cents.

1 Like

As much as giving credit is ethical and in most cases the best way to avoid getting in trouble.
I realized most people do not like the use of their content without consent even if you give credit.
I even in some thread people advising that you should avoid tagging the original users of content when reposting since you might end up getting reported.
I guess it is somehow a catch 22 and maybe you can only get away with it when you have a small account.

1 Like

Lol this right here… I hate to say it but I’ve seen more problems tagging the original source than not tagging. Unless they explicitly encourage the reposting and sharing of their content, I stay away from crediting them. Less problems for me but hey … I’m def not trying to give out bad advice here haha just what I’ve seen from my experience.

1 Like

Side note, if Facebook ever felt like doing something useful for the platform, they’d creating a proper reposting/sharing feature that did give credit, auto-tag and what not, instead of “other” methods. It still blows my mind that they haven’t done anything positive with Insta in the 8 years they’ve been owned by them.

2 Likes

I agree with not tagging the original source, always make sure to credit them in the caption however.

I honestly think that Instagram has some kind of criteria where the bigger accounts just won’t get banned they really need that traffic and 3 mill followers is quiet a lot of monthly traffic.

Unforynately giving credit to the owners isn’t enough. If you take a music video from youtube and post it, within minutes it will be removed and you will receive a notification even if you announce the source. It’s always risky growing business or accounts in general around copyrighted material. IG wants YOU to create quality content.

1 Like

If you don’t tag it’s a copyright issue (but the copyright owner must claim or report) if you tag it could be considered legal use.

But I personally also had more troubles tagging people. Some people don’t understand it’s just good for them and go mad.

2 Likes