How the Algorithm of Content works?

I want to know if for example a video is viewed all of can it be seen by other people how it’s counted does time of user staying reading watching content count because we talk a lot about content quality method to grow f/uf , m/s,shoutout… But not the little stuff that can help too if we know them well

1 Like

All that counts, but you don’t have control on how ppl use IG.
The time you spend looking at a post, how fast you pass it, etc etc adds to the value of that particular post. That’s why good content works always better.

1 Like

Yes but if you know how it works you can have a better idea anf adapt your work for it example maybe if a video have lesser minutes it can be shown more little stuff like that (btw i am not sure about the info)

1 Like

For the homefeed video posts, I use on average around 30 sec length.
I tend to get more views, likes, comments…

I guess it’s mainly because, people have attention span like a gold fish.
So, the first seconds of your video are most important. When the user gets invested, he/she usually will watch at least the half of the video -> if It’s really great video then the person will watch at least 90%.

Also, if someone sees video, that lasts for 1 whole minute, it will be skipped (by majority people on pages that produce average level content).

I think Facebook has some data about this (in Facebook ads), so I guess it will be very similar to Instagram.

1 Like

Yes but do you have a link to a youtube blog or something that talk mkre in depth about that ?

1 Like

Not really, I’m usually testing everything by myself or with my team.

So, you will have to do your own searches, if there is such a video or blog post.

1 Like

That’s what i do too i test all by myself , but for more results it’s better to know why a video of lesser minutes can get more view instead of a longer one i think there is much than because the user finish the video

1 Like

because you dont want to go to feed to watch a long video (1+ minute)
people scroll fast like hell while going through feed

Instagram has IGTV for that and end-users still prefer YouTube for that in my opinion.

1 Like

Whenever the user reaches ceratin % of the video contet, it’ll start counting as a view. That is why the shorter videos are performing better than the longer ones. It’s way easier for the user/s to finish shorter video (or at least to watch the ceratin %).

You can test this by yourself.

And also, Instagram is tracking other factors, such as when the user likes the video, if the user saves the video, in what time frame people usually tend to leave the video (if it’s again before certain %, Instagram algo will think that content is shit, and wont show it to more people - explore page), and other factors.

As I’ve mentioned before, check out the Facebook Ads account, in there you can see what Facebook all tracks in the video ad --> apply/test it on Instagram and you will know more than 90% of the people that tend to say about themselfs they are Instagram marketers.

1 Like