I have been a member of the forum for a while and have learnt so much from here that I feel it’s been more informative than college lol. Anyhow, I wanted to give back to the community by providing you all with details on how to successfully build an IG Side Hustle.
Please note that the tips below work for any Side Hustle in any business area and are not exclusive for IG, but since I have experience on Instagram it might be skewed towards that.
It will be a long read, but let’s begin…
Introduction - Why even start a Side Hustle?
- In today’s world, unless you’re a high paid executive, 1 income source is not enough… the side hustle is the new job security.
- When you receive multiple paychecks from different sources, you are no longer dependent on just one employer
- More income means more options. More Options = More Opportunities = More Freedom
What to you REALLY need to start a successful Instagram Side Hustle?
The willingness to invest time to learn
By far, the most important thing you need to build a successful IG Side Hustle is the time to learn through forums like this one. Even it is just 1 hour every other day, being active and reading through guides/tips and other posts in forums like this one is an invaluable way to learn what works and what doesn’t work. What software to use; what VPS to run; what settings to test etc etc.
The right frame of mind that understands the following:
- Testing is needed on a consistent basis - IG is always changing and what worked last year might not work today. Heck, what work yesterday might not work today, so TEST TEST & TEST on a regualr basis.
- You need (A LOT) of Patience - Many people believe that Instagram is a “get rich quick” endeavor. That is far from the truth. It usually takes anywhere between 6 months to 1 year to really understand how everything works and test what best works for you.
- The only way to master a side hustle is by doing: BE WILLING TO ACT - Another reason for which patience is needed is because you have to act, test and fail frequently and fast. If you don’t read the forums, you won’t learn. If you don’t test, you won’t succeed. If you don’t go on a risky adventure across the Atlantic, you will never discover America. You get the point… If you don’t want to act/put an effort, then don’t even start a side hustle.
- You don’t need a lot of money, nor a business degree, nor employees, nor assistants, not business partners to start a side hustle.
In Practice, how can my side hustle succeed?
If possible, set aside a dedicated hustle space that motivates you to be the very best … like no one ever was…
Right from the beginning, set up a very simple accounting system. An excel spreadsheet is more than enough and you should be able to easily find good templates on google.
Set up a way to get paid: If you don’t have a way to get paid, then you don have a side hustle. Period.
Employ the 20/80 rule: 20% of your efforts will create 80% of your results. SO focus your efforts in fulfilling the tasks that correspond to that 20%
Celebrate small and early achievements.
Found settings and/or sources that work for you? Do more of that and less of what doesn’t work.
Some clients are assholes
Yes. They are. However, not everyone is and it’s your job to keep the ones you want to work with.
Remember, people only work and hire those they trust. This also applies to you, the business owner. YOU should only do business with the people/clients you trust.
Side hustles are tough, there is no sugar coating here. It takes time, sleep deprivation, testing, learning, adapting, planning and a lot of patience - especially on Instagram. But, success grows on trees, you just have to plant the right seeds.
You’ve reached the end of this road … or is it the beginning? Time to get hustling!