♦ How to download videos without using the home IP?

Hello everyone :smiley:

I’d like to download some videos (courses) from a website, but would prefer not to do it with my home IP :blush:

Does anyone here knows a good way
- that is still fast
- without using my Home IP? :computer:

E.g. any specific proxy or downloading it to a cloud or maybe to a website such as MEG*A.NZ ?
Thank you for your help :blush:

Use a VPS? :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Grummel1 :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, true. I was just wondering whether there is another, more advanced way. Want to be as anonymous as possible :slightly_smiling_face:

This is what I do :smiley:

1 Like

Use VPN :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your input… :smiley:

@lukec2000: which VPN are you using?

@all:

I have just read that some VPNs are still not 100% anonymous and there a FIREFOX add-on called “Disable WebRTC” that helps to hide some more data.

So then I would do this:

• On my VPS, I install Disable WebRTC, then I book a VPN and download the courses.
  • Then I may encrypt the files and upload it to a site such a m* e* g* a*.nz or www.filedropper.com.
  • Afterwards I can download it to my Home PC through home IP and delete the files on filefrooper or mega… .

Quite complicated :blush: , but hope this helps… Feel free to correct me if I am wrong or if I do it too complicated, thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

For those who may also looking for a VPN, I found these (recommended by HEISE):

:heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign:
@socialfirstmedia: maybe also interesting for you (due to your thread: https://mpsocial.com/t/online-courses-how-to-download/61040) ?!?

Damn you’re really going above and beyond these are some scary ebooks! :grinning:

To be honest its never bothered me too much I use NordVPN + WebRTC addon and haven’t had any issues. My router at home is also on a dynamic IP.

1 Like