How to gain 700k followers in a day (!) & then lose 200k within 5 months 😏

Losing followers is typical for any account that does any kind of giveaway or Round Robin. People follow for the freebies then they unfollow you later because they were never interested in you or your products etc.

3 Likes

Not cool! You have 2 posts and in both of them you are trying to advertise.

it’s a free + shipping marketing method many internet stores use.

I never seen so many people hate on someone else because there shit went viral. Damn, jealousy and envy is a mf. All the clowns talking trash, and saying negative stuff about how he can’t fullfill the orders, and didn’t know or expect this and that… none of them even knew who the account owner was! Upset because there stuff doesn’t go viral, so sit on a thread for hours hating on the next person. Should of put all that energy and time into trying to figure out how to get there content viral and stop hating on the next person. I had to stop reading half way through the thread, because just reading that much hateasier, jealousy and envy is sickening. And they still got 400k followers, with great engagement… so looks like they came out on top at the end of day. Sorry haters. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Check out https://www.instagram.com/p/BiSoCmmHrXt/?taken-by=sunnycoclothing
They are doing it again!!! :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks, @Gernozarus, for the info :slightly_smiling_face:
Okay, lets see what happens. Just for documentation, currently they have 435K followers -meaning they lost more than 300k (!) within a year (= more than 40%)!

Lets see how they grow this time

“This year WE ARE NOT going to cap the promotion & we are prepared to deliver over 1 Million Free Suits :hear_no_evil:EVERYONE will receive a free suit this time, no exceptions.”

I want to see how they will do that ^^ :slight_smile:

And this is the magic line that makes the whole promo go around:

“*All participants must pay shipping & handling.”

FREE + shipping rules the world!

7 Likes

I would have a good laugh if this time their supplier would be the bottleneck and run out of stock. :slight_smile:

Since almost all of our followers participated in the giveaway we decided to give EVERYONE a FREE PAMELA suit

Smart man :wink: you’re correct in all of this

Hi
This is what analysis tool, please tell me, thank you

Compared to the attempt last year, when they gained 700k followers on a day, the attempt now was a “failure” in terms of gaining followers:
They won “only” around 25k followers:

But as mentioned above, with the handling fee, they might make a lot of money… :money_mouth_face: :moneybag:

It’s going to backfire for sure. I’m not surprised it’ll even result in lawsuits.

Interesting… % of May profits will become donation. They don’t specify if it’s the % of their entire store, or just the Pamela Suit. Since the Pamela Suit is free, technically speaking, there is 0 profit.

Any money made from Shipping & Handling however is a profit from Operating Costs & Expenses

How is a 25k gain, a failure? That’s a win in my book. Stop with the negativity.

2 Likes

Getting followers is easy, but getting long-term engaging followers that is really difficult. And if someone is gaining a lot of non-engaging followers, this is the worst thing that can happen. Because then your exposure/ your reach is lowered tremendously and therefore also your organic growth might be completely destroyed.

Regarding sunnycoclothing: look what happened last year:

They won a lot and then they lost a lot. In sum, is this is really a gain? Could be, because they might have made some money with those new followers.

Lets have a look at two other cases, two bloggers.
This one told me she participated in something called “loop giveaway”. So for a kind of lottery she gained damn a lot of followers:
grafik
… but then she lost a lot. No organic growth any more and her ER went down. Now she is participating in EGs and is buying likes to keep it up.

This one told me she got an app that offered “free followers”. So she decided to get around 5K:
grafik
Same here, no. of followers is decreasing and her ER is horrible (around 270 likes when having about 26k followers… :arrow_right: ER ~ 1% )

So a “gain of many non-engaging followers” is in most cases completely worthless or even worse.

2 Likes

If they’re making money, then it’s a win no matter how one looks at it. Despite losing the followers they did, they still made money off their original campaign… and I’m sure will gain money off this campaign too. Loss of followers is going to happen regardless, especially if they weren’t able to fulfill all the orders… so I’m sure that was expected… but at the end of the day, it’s all profit. They didn’t lose anything financially… only gained. Me personally, I don’t look at it as a failure since they gained financially… maybe not as much as some thought they should have… but they went viral and met there cap as far as filling orders, so that was a win. Everyone has their own opinion though

it is really. Nice tips to grow instagram :grinning::grinning:

Lord knows I could use such a viral post on my network. It’s been 10 years and the only ever viral thing we had was on Facebook and that was for a funny meme question on “Would you slap your ex for 100Mill$?” … it went viral with over 300k likes and lots of comments. Really wish I could go viral on IG. Almost feels impossible. Here is our account @zenmagafrica

1 Like

TBH, with the 200k lost its really nothing, when they still have about 300k around. With that said, even if they lost 10 times the followers which is 300k divide by 10, which leaves them with 30k followers. That 30k followers alone would have already made them quite a huge profit in sales.

1 Like