How to get $120K USD a year in ad budget for FREE for non-profits

How to get $120K USD a year in ad budget for FREE for non-profits.

I highly suggest working with non-profits. Your goals should also be more than just money and yourself. Give back in some way.

Let’s get into the fun stuff. But first…

THE CONDITIONS

• Budget is for Google search ads.
  • The organization you’re working for has to be a verified non-profit.
    • In some countries this includes getting verified through a google subcontractor that verifies your status.
    • Can not be an educational organisation (there’s a different program for that here )
    • Can not be a government entity
      • Cannot be a non-profit funded by the government.
    • Can not be a hospital or health-care institution.
  • Limited to some countries ( check here )

If you already work for a non-profit this is a great upsell. If you don’t, keep this in mind if you meet someone from a non-profit organisation.

First you need to get them into the google for non-profit program. Then you can apply for ad grants.

1. Apply for google for non-profits:

https://www.google.com/nonprofits/

-> Press get started and follow instructions.

Once you get accepted you can set up ad grants through the non-profit portal.

1. You have to set up the Google Ads account.

Keep in mind it has to be a new google ads account ideally with an email with their domain.

Do not insert a credit card into that account as that can charge the card instead.

All of the rules are located here.

These are some of the top of my head.

• Cannot be one word keywords.
  • Max cost per click has to be below 2$
  • Has to be relevant to the non-profits programs / services.
  • Minimum CTR of 5%
  • In general a well managed, highly relevant campaign.

Once you’ve created everything (ads, landing pages, keywords), you’re ready to apply.

1. Apply. It’s in the non-profit portal.

They’ll get back to you within 5 days with feedback or saying they’ve accepted your ad grants request.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

BONUSES:

• Getting verified through the subcontractor will often give you discounts for adobe, microsoft, tech stuff etc. so you could potentially save them money on stuff they’re already paying for.
  • You’ll get all the other parts of the Google Non-profit program which includes
    • Free Gsuite (email host + 30gb storage each person)
    • Free unlimited Team Drive Storage

tldr:
Google has a non-profit program where you can apply for ad grants which is up to 120k USD a year.

25 Likes

Never heard of this before.
I am associated with a few Non Profits.
This is going to be very useful!

1 Like

@SkinnyGirl thought you might be interested in this

2 Likes

Thank you bro for sharing this :grinning:

1 Like

That’s awesome, best of luck!

Thanks for sharing this method!

Thank you for tagging me…

Tagging also @theDoctor - maybe also something for you…?!

2 Likes

That’s amazing. I was in the board for a nonprofit for a longtime and never heard of this. I’ll have to let them know about it.

Awesome never heard of this…

So we can run ads only for non-profits or? :confused:

Now all we need is a guide on how to start a non profit - and can we still be salaried on non profits

This is great! Thanks for this.

Friend of mine had this 10k monthly for free for google ads, but suddenly they suspended his account. Just dont rent your budget to someone else and dont put non relevant ads on your site, use it only for your nonprofit org site, because google know that people abuse this and resell to other people, now they do detailed checks how you spending budget. After suspension friend applied with new nonprofit but unfortunately they didnt approve again.

Yes, as @iki has said Google are watching this quite closely.

They just recently shut down the ad grants pro program where you get 40000 a month. (No new members)

The way to profit of this is to figure out how the application process works in your country and do done-for-you service with monthly fee for non-profits near you.

That’s so cool to hear! Best of luck.

There is so much stuff out there to help, I am glad people like this group pool the knowledge. I have a couple of friends that have NP’s, and I am going to let them know. Thanks a lot @Underdog !

1 Like