How to increase engagement help!

Thus far, i have been good at growing accounts fast, but have been unsuccessful at boosting the engagements on my posts. Would anyone have good recomendations and tips? For example my 9.5k cat instagram only gets about 200 likes which is dismal. Any recommendations?

1 Like

If you can provide a little more info, it would be helpful :slight_smile:

• How often do you post?
  • Where do you get your content from?
  • What type of content is it?
  • How old are the accounts?
  • How did you grow them?
  • Are you using hashtags, if yes, have you followed the tactics from this forum?
2 Likes

How often do you post? Once
Where do you get your content from? Online, but HQ. Instagram.com/travelourworlds
What type of content is it? Travel Photography
How old are the accounts? ~9months
How did you grow them? Follow/unfollow
Are you using hashtags, if yes, have you followed the tactics from this forum? Yes, and somewhat[quote=“MojoJojo, post:2, topic:8743”]
n provide a little more info, it would be helpful :slight_smile:

How often do you post?
Where do you get your content from?
What type of content is it?
How old are the accounts?
How did you grow them?
Are you using hashtags, if yes, have you followed the tactics from this forum?
[/quote]

How many posts are in your hashtags having ?
Post a picture like
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRt-wg0DvJi/
This was a good example in my case as I seen if my fallowers respond to what I’m posting, as you cannot post things like “sweet” and “such a great post!”( I got some of those too on the post ) you see from the start who is a bot and not.

I have 30 hashtags per posts. And good Idea. Ill try

1 Like

We are in the same niche ( I’m way back with only 2800 fallowers ) and as I seen the engament is very important as not many buy travel packs of 500 EUR :wink:

Also, check your hashtags and research them a bit, I seen on my account that when I used less popular ( 100K and even 50K ) ones I got even more engament, but in 24 hours.

1 Like

Those were the days, when my engagement was at 20%

Is this YOUR account or where you get content from?

My account, i do not repost content, i grab it from the web.

I’ll preface everything with the fact that I have ZERO experience in the travel niche.

Having said that, here are a few things that you need to work on:

• Your hashtags are WAAAAY to generic. When you have 500-600 likes per post, you should not be going after #outdoor and #photooftheday. Follow the hashtag strategy of Brandon Bernier from the forum and get yourself better hashtags

• At first glance the entire account looks very impersonal. I would work on a better bio. Something that says “hey, I’m real”. Make it longer, make it more human, plug in an emoji or two

• Ask questions in your posts. You have the same generic “Tag my account” on every single post. Try something like “do you like this yay or nay, where do you think this is, guess the destination, country”.

• Reply to your audience. I didn’t see any replies, at least on the last few posts.

Just a few ideas.

2 Likes

Yeah i figured some of these strategies i should do. But what about that follower count, should i start blocking some? Theyre all real. Not a single fake follower bought

I wouldn’t bother blocking people if you think they are real. Maybe work on filtering out some of the bot account in your follow/unfollow tactics.

That I did long time ago!

I totally agree with you, engagement has to come first before it to be returned to you.