How to remove inactive/ ghost follower?

Hey,

I would like to delete my inactive and ghost follower from my 17k Account.
I didnt use the account for 2 years and I´m trying to find a increase my engagement rate.

What is the best way to find all the inactive follower and delete them?

You can use Jarvee’s Block followers tool, you can check the filters that you want and start the tool.

2 Likes

Yes, agreed with @Luca, Jarvee’s Block Followers tool is the best for that purpose.

1 Like

What kind of filters do you use to figure out they’re ghost?

Hi :slight_smile: You can try using this method, it should be helpful:

You can also type ghost followers on the search field on the forum, and you should get more ideas probably.

Those are some of the filters that I use and they are working fine.

1 Like

this would be great for removing bots, but im wondering, maybe you can remove people who didnt engage with your last 10 posts or something too

Yes thats possible, but my account wasnt active and not engaging with my post doesnt mean they are not active or ghost follower. I would like to remove all follower which didnt post anything the last 2-3 month.

There is a block function in jarvee, but I have no idea if I have to use a scraper or can I use it without any problem on my main account?!

Are you using the block function on your mean account without a scraper?

Before going in to remove ghosts, I’d say to post consistently for at least 2-3 weeks. Then see who the ghosts are. Cuz as the definition of a ghost might be loose from one account owner to the next, nearly all your followers are ghosts at this point.

Re-activate your account first with posts, then remove people… (if thats what you really want).

IMO, I wouldn’t remove the ghosts and just keep posting to ignite the account again and you will see people unfollow on their own.

1 Like

I did that already and now I am on a point where I want to delete all inactive users :slight_smile:
Because I have many follower posted the last time 2018.

1 Like

You can use these filters

2020-10-30_20h01_08

1 Like

I knew I saw it somewhere :wink:

when you have the tag name method set you don’t need the classic scraper to main method you just need to have this option checked and most API calls are going to be done from the scrapers.

1 Like