I think i finally got it

I am no longer as confused as i was Last week .

After spending what must be a 100+ hours learning about Jarvee , i think i have alot of things figured out apart from this one thing.

The right proxy to buy and where to get it.
I am currently wanting to try ipv6 first.
I only want to scrape like 1000 specific accounts for this month so i figure i dont need 4g for that.

Could someone please recommend a good proxy for my scrapers ?

Then go with residential proxies. You can check out #public-marketplace to find ones for you.

@HenryCooper used to have great proxies here.

We do not have any specific providers to suggest. What most clients do is to search for reliable providers, read the feedback, and they get one from each provider to test on their account, see which one works best. Here are some pointers that could help:

– should be Instagram compatible
– IPv4 proxy
– If you can get a proxy that has the same IP location (preferably same city) as you, that would be great
– dedicated proxy (one that’s never been used on any account)

you can check the #public-marketplace and with @Boris as well, also, if you could create a thread where you explain a little bit what you learned and what you tested it would be very helpful for everyone here on MP social.

2 Likes

Am really not good at explaining stuff. I could answer direct questions but i dont know that i can explain everything in one thread. Especially cuz i dont truuuuuly understand everything . I just researched all these little bits that were super confusing to me in the beginning. Still dont have the words to explain it all but i ill try and do my own post

1 Like

Does the country of the proxies matter to you?

The country/location of the proxies will always be important. Let’s say you are in the USA, using your IG account on your phone using your home IP with a US location. Then when using Jarvee, you are putting it on proxies which reflects Europe as a location, then that is a big red flag on IG’s end and they will think you got hacked.

That’s why we prefer to use proxies reflecting the same city as the location so it will just look like you are on the go with your phone, being connected to diff wifi networks (eg. wifi at home, wifi at work, wifi at a coffeeshop).

3 Likes

Yes, it is preferable to have proxies that are in the same location as the accounts.

Location is defined as the

• IP that the accounts were created on
  • the last IP that the account connected from

Important for 4G IP addresses: they are not really location based, since you can change your worldwide location with a mobile SIM card anytime. The APN stays the same, thus the iP address is always the SIM card providers ip (ASN).

What this means is that 4G proxies are location independent and can be used anytime/anywhere. We’ve tested this numerous times over the years.

But yes, do not login to the same account from different locations /ip addresses at the same time.

ONLY the IG app can tell IG your actual location via GPS readout from your phone (or some fancy WiFi/Bluetooth triangulation bs) . Otherwise all they have is the IP and the associated data with it.

There are of course some speculations that certain country ip addresses are higher trust value than others, but no real proof for that (that would be discrimination :wink:

Ideal situation would be to get yourself a trusted 4G proxy, create accounts on their IP addresses and then manage those accounts further on the same proxy (same ISP, IP will change with time since it’s a 4G connection).

Oh and once in a while verify your location and login with IG.

2 Likes