Ideal followings number

What do you reckon the ideal followings for your your followers to have is.

Every so often I’ll cull some people following 7000+ I guess there’s just not a great chance of them engaging with me, I know this isn’t strictly true.

I just wondered if any of you guys have thresholds that you stick to?

2 Likes

Maybe you can analyze followers that are engaging with your content and see how many followings they normally have and like this you will know which thresholds you should stick to.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea, don’t suppose you could suggest a good tool for helping me do this?

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t know about any tool that can help you with that.

3 Likes

Aw thanks anyway buddy.

1 Like

depends on how many followers you have. i wouldn’t ever follow more people than you have followers, and then i wouldn’t ever follow more than 3000 people MAX.

When you are following 1700, 2300, etc. people it just looks like you are a seriously active IG user. Following 3000+ is not something a regular, highly active user does.

Ideally you keep the number of people you are following below 1500 to look very natural. Really lower the better.

1 Like

lol it was tough for me to go over the 70 margin.
No idea how people follow more than 100 accounts

1 Like

Yeah if I stumble upon someone following me following 7000+ other accounts then I block them. Super unlikely they’d ever see one of my posts and most likely they’re just using me for the follow/unfollow thingy

2 Likes

VERY TRUE… the same here… i even block users following more than 700…
380 followings maximum!!! otherwise it gets harder to see other posts…

2 Likes

Some really nice input here, this has really got me thinking!

I follow 1200 max. The reason why I do this is because I follow 300 people per. day and un-follow 400 people per. day. This rotation leads to 4 days of following, 3 days of un-following per. week. I also find that you don’t appear like someone who is just mass-following people in hopes of them following back when you follow a lower amount of people.

1 Like

for what it’s worth, Iconosquare considers any followers who are following more than 2k to be “unreachable” in metrics. it considers followers following between 1k-2k to be “rarely reachable.” I don’t know what they base this on, though.