IG Notifications on Master

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question for the M/S experts here, we have this client that has 50 slaves for his main account and is asking how the notifications can be blocked, he is getting a notification with the text of each post the slaves mention his account, with 50 slaves and a few posts per day he is all the time getting them.

Do you have any solution? , the slaves mention it in the form blablabla … @mainaccount blablblala.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hey, Joe.

The trick is for him to block every slave. The tags will still link to his account but he will no longer receive any notifications.

If he’s worried about affecting the slave’s ratings by blocking them - what I used to do is block the main account from the slaves. That way the main account still doesn’t receive notifications, but the @tag still links for users other than the slave.

3 Likes

Sounds like a very good approach, will recommend him to block the main on the slaves, he can do it with JV. We will monitor if this has some impact on the overall growth. Thanks mate!!

1 Like

@embraceone He just tried it and, when the slave posts, IG removes the @ and leaves only the account name so it’s not clickable.

1 Like

Have you checked on a third account that is not blocked? It should remove the @tag for the slave and the main account, but not anyone else.

1 Like

yes I just checked now from my account, and I see the post in one slave without the @

1 Like

They must have updated the blocking algorithm then. I would try it both ways round - have the main account block the slave in that case.

can try that as well, but it’s not so easy for him, he doesn’t know all the slaves accounts, and the main is not in JV.

1 Like

Go to your profile and tap Sandwich icon > Your Activity > Notification Settings > Click on Posts, Stories and comments > Turn off function Photos of You if you want to stop receiving notifications from being taged in a picture.

2 Likes

yes that works but he still wants to get the notifications from normal accounts, the problem for him are the slaves only.

1 Like

Then the slaves should stop posting that often.

That’s not a solution, he has a very good growth.

1 Like

@embraceone we just tested both ways and the result is that whoever blocks the other the @ is gone. I need to find other way to do it.

1 Like

To be clear, you are using the account name in the actual body of the spintax, and not using a different method of tagging?

I’m not using :slight_smile: he is doing it…and yes in the caption he adds Follow --> @account etc etc.

And because he is now using the main in his phone he can see all this notifications.

1 Like

There’s other way, he needs to follow the salve account and from the following tab, turn off the notification of the slave account.

for better understanding, go to the slave profile > click on Following > Notifications > turn notifications off for posts.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same, however can become an issue when a lot of slaves. Wont look good though when someone’s looking at his/her following depending on the looks of the slaves

2 Likes

I like the idea, I will ask him if he is willing to do it.
Do you know any way to do it with JV?, we may ask me to do it for him.

1 Like

you are right, but in his case all the slaves are quiet good, they look very well.

Yes, but If the slaves have unique names and don’t look spamy i don’t see any problem following them.

Unfortunately you will have to do it manually.