IG Terms of Use update

Hi friends! I noticed strange point in new terms of use update that arrives at December 20 “You can’t attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways.
This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our express permission.” Does it mean that IG will be much more ruthless with scraper accounts?

1 Like

Nice find! They’ve been pretty harsh with scrapers in the past 2 months (by specifically focusing on API Calls). That for sure does confirms that. The fight begins…

1 Like

The fight has already started, so this can only mean that they will become even more strict with creating and scraping.

1 Like

Scraping is not the issue as there are other tools apart from Jarvee that rely on their scraping to run their business. If they werent able to scrape they would lose their customers whereas Jarvee team do a small update and let you spend weeks guessing how to fix it

Bigger issue in my opinion is Automation on main accounts with low trust score. Although it is running well now it would be more detrimental for us than if we had to be more careful with scrapers

Final note , this is a Blackhat forum. Why do we care about what Ig terms of service says

2 Likes

yeah, there will be more and more changes next year, API calls will be much more restricted and they are indeed trying to fight scrapers techniques.

1 Like

I don’t know what is strange in it. Automating the creation or collecting information was not allowed by instagram from beginning. Its just we have to find new ways if they detect some of our methods.

2 Likes