IG will start verify suspicious accounts with a government ID

like I’m 16 again haha

2 Likes

hahahaha niiice, there is always a solution tho.

Yeah, it’s already hard enough with Captcha + EV/PV. now they add ID verification. :unamused: It’s said that the account will probably get disabled or receive reduce distribution (like shadowban?) if we don’t verify the account with ID.

I would imagine that this will only be done for account which are political in nature. Why waste resources to verify that an account that posts dog pictures won’t “interfere” with the upcoming election.

Quite frankly, if a social media website ever asked me to upload a government ID to use their platform, I’d delete my account so fast it wouldn’t even be funny. No way would I let my driver’s license be present in the database of a company, whether it be Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc, that has proven to not have my best interest in mind.

4 Likes

We can thank all those IG Appeal Bots for ruining it for everyone. Some things don’t need public bots so they can keep working.but it’s always some middle eastern developer making things harder on everyone just so he can make a quick buck that will cause everyone more harm in the future. Just like those DM services now. All they are doing is making actions harder for everyone. Just like IG already started Blacklisting Certain words from being commented together soon you probably won’t be able to DM someone endless you follow each other like Til Tok.

Things always happen around elections and I was already curious what will happen this time.

The implementation will be interesting, since I am not sure if the TOS requires me to post personal pictures on my account. You could literally submit anyone’s ID to get rid of it. And if they are really forced to delete the information after 30 days, ID’s could be recycled every 30 days.

1 Like

Fb (as a company) doesn’t really care about any of these stuffs. They care only about growth, hence (in my opinion), they will never throttle their growth with bureaucratic moves like this one.

And, (another opinion), they will never verify a free user. Paid ads users, probably will be verified (in the same way as Google started displaying info of the companies that buy ad slots on search). It’s all in the name of transparency for the sake of “washing their hands” in case before the upcoming US election.

1 Like