INSANE - 10.7M comments and growing by mass tagging! 📈

I wonder how well mentions actually work then considering most people find them to just be spammy.

Maybe it has to be large scale like at least 100K+ to make a real impact.

Thanks for the update.

However, it does look spammy if I am going to be totally honest. Good you are using on a test account. What would you say is the ROI for this or the conversion rate?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a bit spammy. That’s why it will be super-cool to have a mention that after X days deletes itself.

I don’t really know what is it “ROI”. The conversion rate seems not so good. If you check the stats only 20 people have followed me for that post. But i think are a bit more

2 Likes

Hello @SkinnyGirl I definitely tried this and I bought 1.3million mentions and I ended up gaining around 35,324 people (account already had 5,189 people )

5189 organic world get about 400-700 likes
After the tags ended up with 2000-4500 likes on posts

Now I tried it on a modeling/fitness girl account. Wasn’t too impressed with the numbers.
I know someone she was selling her organic account Instagram account 950,000ish followers with 30,000-40,000 likes per picture and all real for $19,000. Personally even if I had spent $19,000 and bought mentions doubtful would get too 950,000ishz I had considered buying her account as I know her as a project and testing hiring a full time model,doing shoots but have too many projects already like that so didn’t move forward with that.

I was considering trying this again as an experiment and spend another $2k with fashion account and see results !
Obviously results vary based upon accounts

I was at the moment testing other faster ways and avenues to grow

3 Likes

May I ask you: how have the people been chosen that were tagged?I am wondering if the tagged ones were already selected e.g. followers from another luxury acc.?

:heavy_minus_sign: :heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign:
@instagrowthz: thank you for the update, very interesting!! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

The mention site picks users by “followers of @xxxx” so yeah, I put another luxury profile!

1 Like

Good strategy… But then yes, I am with you: the outcome (from that selected “audience”) was below expectations…

Regarding the acc. above (1peprs): he provoked people to comment on the picture what was insane. Maybe he made it due to this insane engagement to the Top 9. If so, the FBR of the tagged ones is maybe low, but the ouctome from being in the TOP 9 section could be worth the investment…

:heavy_minus_sign: :heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign:

That is such an #Insane growth

grafik

tag: tagging, mass tagging, mentioning

2 Likes

Similar topic/ cases here:

Update as 12th Sept. 2018:
The account 1peprs doesnt exist any more. There is now another one with the same name, but this is just one that is using the name:

Seems like the “mass-tagger” either changed his name or it was deactivated by IG…

1 Like

Good catch, @SkinnyGirl! Insta is probably patching the issue as we speak.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Interesting thanks for the figures, think I will try myself

report your findings! I have a feeling insta is working on a fix

any way this method could still work?

No 13chars…

Interestingly enough, I met the guy who i think is responsible for this post. He’s pretty well known in the Telegram IG Community. He claims this was his post and sent me this screenshot but who knows haha.

They told me the method was not patched, and that there is a work around.

so how? proof or didnt happen

1 Like

anyone figure out how to do this?

1 Like

What is the piont of saying there is a work around and this can still be done but not telling us what the work around is?

It’s been patched as of yesterday morning.

Will this method ever come back?