Instagram action block caused by external links

hi everyone. I hope you can find this topic useful.
since Sep 22nd I underwent a strong action block on Instagram.
all of a sudden the only action I could do was posting pictures.
No caption, no hashtags, no tags, no follow or unfollow. only pictures (i mean bare pictures in posts and stories).
I waited 7 days, guessing this problem was caused by too many manual actions on my profile, but nothing happened.
so I started writing to the support program twice a day, but nothing happened.
Last night a colleague of mine, clicked on my link in bio: the link was sending people to my Tumblr old blog, and she noticed the navigation got blocked with a warning (something like Instagram thinks this site is not secure…). When she told me that, I changed my link in bio and put in my youtube account, and in 5 minutes my account was perfectly working again.
During these months many people wrote to me, telling me they had the same issue… well I suggested them to change their link in bio and again their profiles started working.
As far as I can see, Tumblr is not liked by insta as well as websites with no HTTPS.

hope somebody can find relief from this post.

F**K Insta!

1 Like

OMG unbelievable… I still can’t believe that they were hitting you with restrictions just because of the link… I would understand if it’s something offensive or stuff like that, but just because of a Tumblr Blog URL…No comment

1 Like

Did you add your tumblr url directly on the bio? or did you use a URL shortener? When you get blocked again, try logging out , then re-login to your account. The block you had sounds like a hard block, but they usually show the time when the block will be lifted if you get a hard block. What did the block message say exactly?

1 Like

i don’t see nothing new to this, if they dont trust the link = block same as when you put a adult link without cloaking or landingspage = block or even ban.

Tumblr was used as landingspage for spam for many years they still see it as spam = block or even ban!

1 Like