Instagram and AirBnB Marketing

What is the best means to market an AirBnB listing through Instagram? Would you suggest using ads or influencers?

1 Like

If you have the money, and you only want one of those two, use influencers. Get them to your airbnb listing under contract and have the influencers sell your airbnb to their followers. This way your listing will get more popular with the followers of the influencer!

Is that based on experience of it working, or just a logical suggestion? I don’t know about influencers, how they work, or their potential, but I find it surprising that that would effectively reach the right people (which could be any tourist or traveller) and then influence them to select that AirBnb. Does that actually work? I guess some people might have different motives for when they pick an AirBnb though, like if they want a particularly nice one. I just search based on right date, right spot, right features, right price (cheap and simple), so I find it hard to relate to being influenced by an ad like that.

Hey everyone!

Appreciate the kind responses, I guess I should dwelve deeper and see where this goes. I own and operate 15 Airbnb’s in philadelphia as a business. Prior to starting this I was managing instagram accounts and leveraging jarvee for growth. I never had direct experience working with influencers.

Over the course of the next two years I will be launching airbnb’s across every major city for guests to book. It’s my intention to create a familiar brand for travelers to find us.

I’m just going to highlight some major points below:

• Our Airbnb’s follow some sort of novelty or theme “IE West Philly Fresh Prince Airbnb”
  • Our airbnb’s will also be bookable through our direct website
  • It’s our intention to get more direct bookings leveraging brand building

Couple of afterthoughts:

We we’re considering giving a 50% discount to all IG influencers who apply and prove they have a real audience. They would just need to post a minimum of 1 IG post and 2 Story posts highlighting the property and direct linking out units in their bio. A minimum of two nights can be used monthly. (all of this is just an idea and i’m open to hearing variations of this)

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

1 Like